Ideas

kathmhughes
New Spectator
3 days ago
Not A Bug

Discover University CAS Items Mis-Tagged

This bug report Hughes-08 entry is about CAS Items in Discover University. 

I want to make sure you’re reading these, so I made some adjustments to make them more brief. I’m also including 2 images to help express my findings. So far, I’ve found over 325 color filter errors in CAS.

I’m a tenured psychology professor who teaches on color perception – and my real name is Dr. Hughes (could be a fun pun with Hues as in colors). I’m just trying to help you with my expertise so the game flows better.

Ambiguous colors seem to be behind the majority of these errors, but not all. When it comes to ambiguous colors, I know sometimes it’s preferable to split right at the color threshold (when aqua is slightly more green or slightly more blue), but I’d argue that’s not reasonable with so many thousands of items in the Sims 4. At this point, given the number of aqua and magenta items, I do think they need their own color filters.

I previously suggested a burgundy filter, but I rescind that, as the numbers for burgundy are not as high as I thought.

There are a lot of issues with purples and pinks in the game, as purple appears to be defined as anything between violet and burgundy, except for a rose pink. Pink seems to be defined as everything from a pastel lavender, magenta, rose pink, light red, to a faded orange – which is half of the color wheel in pastels. I’m switching out purple for violet and defining pink as a cerise or rose.

Ambiguous colors definitions to refer to:

1. Red-Orange (scarlet, vermillion, coral, salmon, peach).
    2. Orange-Yellow (gold, saffron, mango, amber).
    3. Yellow-Green (chartreuse, neon, olive).
    4. Green-Blue (cyan, turquoise, teal, aqua).
    5. Blue-Violet (indigo, periwinkle).
    6. Violet-Pink (magenta, fuchsia, lavender, orchid).
    7. Pink-Red (burgundy, wine, crimson, maroon).

This bug report Hughes-08 entry is about CAS Items in Discover University. 

Red Filter: In Female Adult Tops, 2 items are red-violet. They are the t-shirt with a large golden hoop zipper, and a sweater with 5 buttons over a white blouse.

Green Filter: In Female Adult Tops, the open jacket over a violet-pink bra is actually green-blue and needs an AQUA filter.

Green Filter: In Female Adult Bottoms, 2 item are green-blue and need an AQUA filter. They are the baggy jeans with a white belt, and the stretchy athletic pants that are grey, then white, then aqua.

Green Filter: In Male Adult Bottoms, the baggy jeans with a white belt are green-blue and need an AQUA filter.

Blue Filter: In Female Adult Tops, 2 items are blue-violet. They are a striped t-shirt, and a tucked in sweater with red scarf.

Blue Filter: In Male Adult Tops, the rainbow button up shirt with a purple pocket and lime green collar needs an AQUA filter.

Purple Filter: In Male Adult Tops, 2 items are blue-violet. They include a button up shirt with a red pocket, and a t-shirt with one orange sleeve.

Purple Filter: In Male Adult Outfits, there is an item with a blue t-shirt and grey slacks. This item is not purple and should have this filter removed.

Pink Filter: In Female Adult Tops, the cropped tank top with a criss-cross in the back is actually orange.

Pink Filter: In Male Adult Tops, there’s an open red with a black collar that is more red-orange and should not have a pink filter.

Pink Filter: In Female Adult Bottoms, the jogging pants with an orange stripe down the side are actually peach and not pink.

Pink Filter: In Female Adult Outfits, 2 times are violet-pink and need a MAGENTA filter. They are a sleeveless dress with two buttons open at the top with, and a magenta turtleneck under a greywhite overall skit with 7 buttons.

EA_Cade
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
    Status changed:
    New
    to
    Not A Bug

This issue has been deemed to be feedback rather than a bug, and has been closed. 

Please use the new feedback forum (located here)for issues such as this one. 

NeutrinaEditora
    Seasoned Newcomer

What a detailed comment, I have learned a lot. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

• This is amazing. It would be fantastic to actually get better colour filters

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.Latest Activity: 2 hours ago