Ideas

Reddestiny921
Seasoned Vanguard
2 months ago
New

Fake incomplete lot causes error

My game has been functioning fine after the most recent patch I had an issue with a new lot from the new pack that I hadn't been to before. I thought it was just cause it's new well I got around that error and the game was working again. When it gave the error I could immediately go back to the world and the game said the lot was incomplete. I was unable to get a screenshot but it was similar to the bug we had with uni graduates after they were placed once the ceremony was complete.

So today, assuming it was fine because I couldn't find the "broken" lot again I readded my mods for testing and got the error again this time with thriftea I was able to load it up in build mode but nothing was missing and I didn't have to fix it going to another lot first got around that and it worked fine and is no longer marked incomplete. 

The game didn't register my screenie of the error ugh.

I have two copies of the same damaged save, mind you it has several hours in it so it started suddenly reopened the first copy got the error this time and it's the same lot from the first time. I checked and again it's not actually incomplete. 

TLDR

Wo mods, after several hours of play

W mods first family switch and travel

Both could get around not sure should I remove mods again and start a fresh save to check?

• I literally have just encountered the same issued with The Triftea lot! My Sims kept getting notifications about it, so I thought, ok fine, I'll take them there and be done with it. I got the below error and the "incomplete lot" thing too. I also went into manage worlds, to the lot, and there is nothing missing, exact same as you. Yes I am playing with CC and mods, but all are up to date. 

Team_Sassy_Pants
      New Spectator

Update, after exiting BB mode at Thirftea, I headed back to my active household and they loaded back at the front of their house, so all good I guess? Didn't need to remove mods or anything. 

Reddestiny921
        Seasoned Vanguard

That's a good sign that it's working now, I wasn't sure if anyone else saw that same problem. Thanks for responding I'll have to play later to see how the save goes cause if it's a deeper issue I don't want a bunch of broken saves.

• Sounds exactly like me. I didn't get these errors until the most recent release. I have found that if you go into build mode (from the manage worlds screen) change it to a generic lot, load in with your sim, then enter build mode again to change it back to its original lot type that helps. I'm on console, so that's the only method I found. It has happened to the same lots even after my fix.

About The Sims 4 Bug Reports

Report bugs for The Sims 4 on PC, Mac, Playstation, and Xbox.Latest Activity: 38 minutes ago