Forum Discussion

JonahFalcon
New Novice
4 days ago

Can't play because no Jaws of Hakkon...?!

I play the game.

Quit and step away for an hour.

Come back to it. It tells me I can't play because I don't have Jaws of Hakkon installed.

But I do.

How the f does this happen in ONE HOUR?

And I can't play the game I've started because the game thinks it's not installed, or worse, IT THINKS I DON'T OWN IT.

Note to EA: 

Stop worrying about hackers cracking your game. No matter what they'll do, it'll be cracked in a day and posted on several websites.

Stop punishing people who actually GAVE YOU MONEY.

EA_Illium
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Hey! To confirm a few things are you playing from the EA app version or the Steam version? Also to check do you have any mods installed?

Also if you have any older save on that playthrough do they work at all? 

Fred_vdp
      Hero+

Also to check do you have any mods installed?

That's a good suggestion, since I recently finished a playthrough, and the game did not recognize story DLCs if I used Frosty to load mods (item DLCs did work). DLC worked alongside mods when using DAI mod manager, however.

JonahFalcon
      New Novice

EA Play. I don't own it on Steam. I originally got it from EA directly. No on older saves. Because it claims I don't own the Hakkon DLC. And anyway, I don't want to lose the 6 hours I'd been playing in the RECENT game.

• What's super annoying is there used to be, you know, bug forums. Where you'd get actual help.

It's just 2 conversations about DA1 and DA2, and forcibly trying to make this forum topic do something.

• Are you logged into the account you used to buy the game/DLC? Specifically, from within the game, not just the client.

JonahFalcon
      New Novice

Yes. And an FYI, as an EA Play member it shouldn't matter one whit since the Game of the Year Edition is on EA Play.