Forum Discussion

mightyspritesims
New Hotshot
20 days ago

Text gets highlighted and deleted while typing

Every so often when I'm typing in a reply, the last several words I typed will be suddenly highlighted then immediately deleted. "Undo" doesn't replace the deleted text. When I try to re-type the text I deleted, sometimes the same thing happens again after the same letter of the same word, and sometimes not. It could be that it's being triggered by some particular combination of letters or words, so if I don't use exactly the same wording it doesn't happen? not sure about that.

This happens once or twice in every forum browsing session (twice in the last 15 minutes). This doesn't happen on any other site I visit, or in word processing or other software, so I know it isn't just user error. 

What's going on? Is it some sort of filter detection?

Using Safari on a Macbook Pro

• mightyspritesims  Could you post a video of this happening?  Click cmd-shift-5, choose "capture selected window," and select the Safari window; or use "capture selected portion" to capture just the text field.

Please also test in a different browser, for comparison's sake.  I'm using Firefox on my Mac and haven't seen the issue yet.

EA_David
      Icon for Community Admin rankCommunity Admin

Heyhey, just to pop in and back up Puzzlezaddict's request, a video of this happening would be very helpful in looking into this. 

About Questions & Feedback on EA Forums' functionality

Ask questions about EA Forums' functionality and give feedback on new features & design during the forum launch.119 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago