Forum Discussion

FreddyFox1234
Seasoned Veteran
12 days ago

Where have our avatars gone?

I've never before seen everyone have the same avatar like this:

Is this just a blip at my end due to a dodgy internet connection, or is something happening to our avatars....?

EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace

Oh wow... That's interesting.

Not only are the avatars (except Hero avatars) gone, but the EA Forums logo is also gone, replaced with Khoros... Here's a picture:

What is going on?

pacer1965
      Seasoned Vanguard

EA is back again. Khoros might be who runs the forum? ?? 

FreddyFox1234
      Seasoned Veteran

Yes, Khoros seem to be the forum hosts. There’ve been other strange things each time I’ve logged in here — side panels showing lists of most popular contributors rather than related discussions (before switching back again), and links in the menu showing as code rather than eg ‘Sims 4’.  Looks like we’re getting a bit of a look under the hood of the forum 🙂 Would have been nice to have a bit of a warning/explanation, though, as it’s a bit disorientating, especially when you have to work out what the code is for the particular forum area you want…

SirJuggeth
    Seasoned Traveler

Oh.  Guess I'm not the only one wondering what's up. 

For some reason this discussion didn't come up when I searched for "profile picture". I prob should've searched "avatar" as well. 

pacer1965
      Seasoned Vanguard

No worries. I can't find anything on here either

EA_David
    Icon for Community Admin rankCommunity Admin

Hi, just to reassure folks this isn't on your end and put an face on it. Your post here pretty much covers it, this is not intended behavior and work is going on to address it. 

• I see that, but for this discussion I can see your cat avatar . I wondered if it was my connection as well

FreddyFox1234
    Seasoned Veteran

It seems to come and go - sometimes I can see everyone as normal, and then it goes again.

SirJuggeth
      Seasoned Traveler

This one's hacked the system 😆 or the system is partial to kitty pics

FreddyFox1234
    Seasoned Veteran

It doesn't seem to happen to Heroes! I can still see Heroes as normal.

pacer1965
    Seasoned Vanguard

I've only just been able to get to this section of the forum. It's way to bright for me. Yes I have a Silhouette to.Just little old us 🤣 .Yes can see most of the heroes avatars

atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran

I'm having the same problem. It started yesterday afternoon (CET). Sometimes even the EA forums logo is replaced with Kronos. Very scary. I hope this gets fixed soon.