Forum Discussion

4 hours ago

Franchise Mode Issues

There are a tone of great updates but I have already found a couple of issues that should be patched. Maybe before official release? 

1. If you start a Franchise mode with Owner Mode off, sometimes you do not get the option to discuss things with the head coach.

2. The AI of CPU General managers was said to be improved and they are supposed to target players based on team needs. However, I have experience several occasions league-wide, where teams are just dropping their prospects (even though they have tons of roster reserve spots left). Starting a new Franchise mode with a custom roster also does the same thing. If they do not have contract, it is very possible the prospect (created or not) will be dropped regardless of reserve counts.

3. Season Goals and X-Factor goals for players are extremely limited with only a few different X-factors offered and no variety for stats. Maybe this should depend on player type or attributes? Even if it was RNG, it would provide more variation. 

4. The trade value of prospects is crazy.  I get offered 4th Round picks for my top 6F prospects constantly. Is it not possible to get these values to be reciprocated properly? 

5. The Franchise Hub is fun. But some instances of easy information just isn't there. Such as playoff series counter not seen anywhere during playoffs for your present series. Rather than (last 10 games) wouldn't the current series counter be more relevant? 

Curious on EA's thoughts here and if these kinds of fixes are patchable?

Beauts90
    Seasoned Novice

Even with owner mode on, I’ve started 2 franchises where I wasn’t able to talk to my coach until preseason in year 2.

I don’t think the AI GM’s have improved much at all. I saw Vegas trade both Adin Hill and Shea Theodore at the trade deadline despite being first in their division.