Forum Discussion

THE_NUKE_P1G
Seasoned Newcomer
2 days ago

Goalie Review NHL 25

I want to start by saying I have been a goalie in chel since around 2015, have a couple thousand games, and around a high 7, low 8 hundred save %. Being experienced enough in this category I thought I would bring to light key issues surrounding goalies. 

1: Overall save ability is extremely weak, I am being beat cleanly in locations where I have allocated most of my attritutes, and SHOULD be making saves. Goalies feel way to much like swiss cheese right now, despite being in proper position (and the game emphasizing this through the on-ice feedback) I am being beat way too frequently, so much so that I feel absolutely zero reward for playing positionally sound, which was a key selling point.

2: Goalies are bobbling pucks/hitting pucks into their own net way too much. This is an issue that has been plaguing goalies for many years, in around 4-5 games, I had knocked in a goal after the puck had hit me, and my goalie overreacted and the knocked it in to my own net. I understand that this happen on occasion, but the rate of this is simply way too high. And yes I have my rebound control stat as high as I can and with the extra +2. This is also an issue specifically on the high blocker (yes I have a 93ovr high blocker) where your player will seemingly swat the puck down into the net resulting in an own goal. This has also been an issue for a couple years now. 

Finally, I play nhl because I LIKE to play goalie, I do not like, however, when a supposed "top tier" nhl goalie is scoring on himself every game and looking like my sunday beer league goalie. This games purpose is to mimic the unattainable, the high level elite plays that we cannot do, yet I feel as though I could be making these saves in real life with little effort that my supposed elite goalie cannot.

PuckinNutz
    Seasoned Newcomer

Ya, I think slap shots are over powering the goalie, they can keep the speeds up but give the goalies a little more speed and vision. Puck handlers can really whip the stick around in 25, will be very difficult as a G to keep up.

THE_NUKE_P1G
    Seasoned Newcomer

Spot on. Another issue I feel while playing is that the moment a player is in close the puck is impossible to stop. I will drop into butterfly and my goalie won’t even stick his leg out or attempt to stop it

About NHL 25 General Discussion

Discuss the latest news and game information around NHL 25 in the community forums.330 PostsLatest Activity: 2 minutes ago