Forum Discussion

StayPuft95
New Novice
5 days ago

Hi everyone, just here to have a chat about franchise.

I run a GM Connected league through HUT and my league is looking for general managers, we're currently at 19/32 and would love to fill things out before the league starts.

If you've never heard of a HUT Connected league before, I'll break it down for you. It's the same basic principle of any GM mode really. You manage your roster, make trades, draft players, go through free agency, and all of the other things that go along with managing a team.

We run it through HUT, so you're required to collect all of the players for your roster, they don't have to be base cards, but we do have a salary cap that is based on overall points. Our cap right now is 1610, which means all of the player overalls on your team added together can't exceed that amount. The cap increases after every season to allow for teams to improve while keeping in line with the natural progression of the game.

We use current real life rosters, not a fantasy draft format or anything like that. We run communications through discord to allow for easy communication. We play our games through 'play a friend' so you and your opponents are responsible for figuring out a time to play that works for the both of you. 

Our schedule is between 3-4 games a week, and seasons are generally between 30-32 games in total. After every 2 seasons, we have a complete roster reset and begin the team selection process over again. We also run various themed tournaments throughout the year.

There is more to the league than that, but if the idea interests you and would like to join, or if you would just like to know more information, please don't hesitate to reach out, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

We're all there to have fun and enjoy the game, and try to replicate something as close to an online franchise mode as possible. We like to cultivate an inclusive place for everyone who is as enthusiastic about the game as we are. We're looking forward to an eventual return of online franchise mode, but in the meantime, this definitely scratches the itch.

Thanks for reading, take care, and lets all have a blast with '25!

NYR224
    Seasoned Scout

That sounds awesome! Running a GM Connected league through HUT is a really creative way to recreate the franchise experience while we wait for an official mode. I love how you’re incorporating things like salary caps and roster management, and it's cool that you’ve built such an active community around it.

I think a lot of people are really missing online franchise mode, and what you’re doing is a great alternative. If I wasn’t already so involved with other things, I’d definitely join. Best of luck filling those last spots – sounds like a blast!

• Are you Dopalaki? I know he runs a GM Connected league through HUT as well!

StayPuft95
      New Novice

I’m am not. This is a different league. We started this one in 2020 but we took 23 and 24 off since I had too much going on to maintain a league. But now that I’ve got more time I’m ready to get things back up and running