Forum Discussion

Big_E_Bronco50
Seasoned Novice
3 hours ago

Hip Check in WoC

The hip check in WoC is still over powered. Tiny players fly around doing it from unrealistic angles and it is not properly balanced. When throwing a body check, there is risk of multiple penalties and attributes/size need to be invested in. With hip check there are no penalties and no attribute requirements for making a huge possession changing hit. This is not balanced. I’ve been using the counter hit against it but again it’s not as pushing as it is against  body check. I usually send body checkers down to the ice and maintain possession. With hip checks there’s a wonky animation, I don’t fall down thankfully, and nothing happens to the hip check thrower. One idea of how to balance it would be to make the fight prompt appear after large hip checks. Most of the tiny cheesers wouldn’t want to be in the box for fighting and it would deter them a bit. Another idea would be to add penalties to it. 33% of it being called a trip, something like this. Or make it harder to perform like it used to be. Hippers are rare in the nhl and shouldn’t be used 14 times a game by a 5’9’ 160lb sniper. A finally idea would be to make counter hitting a hip check have extremely high chance of injury for the checker. This would be another deterrent making it a riskier play.

• Yeah, I've been hip checked so many times well after getting rid of the puck with no call.  Also, I feel like snipers should not be allowed to use truculence.  If you wanna play small there's certain things you should not be able to do and destroying someone with a hit is one of them.