Forum Discussion

jwaits
Seasoned Newcomer
6 hours ago

Look-wise.

In game, the player models look too thin and a lot of them don’t even look like they’re wearing shoulder pads. It kinda takes me out of the game a little bit when I’m playing. The player likeness for some are awful, I can point to a lot of examples but the worst one has gotta be Mitch Marner, his model genuinely has zero resemblance to how he looks in real life, and looked far more accurate in 24. Aside from them not looking like their real life counterparts, there was a moment when the camera panned to the bench and the players didn’t have lips (??) and it was pure nightmare fuel. Genuinely awful looking. On top of that, the in game jerseys look stretched out and it makes the numbers/names blurry when the players move around. It really looks like how the jerseys/player models used to look in the old games for ps3/360. And as much as certain features get requested to make a comeback and it’s hard to please everyone, the visual downgrade with the players here is very, very apparent and obvious. Not sure what the thinking was here with the devs.

apart from that, I’m a fan of how the game feels and no, honestly it doesn’t feel like a reskin of the last game. Love ICE-Q as well and relieved the menu times are a lot quicker (mostly). Gotta give props to EA for that. AI is a lot better too.

My point still stands though, idk what it is but the players don’t look good.

EA_Aljo 

EA_Aljo
    Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Thank you for all the constructive feedback here. Really appreciate it!

jwaits
      Seasoned Newcomer

Yep. Please pass that along if you can. I‘m not a video game developer but I can imagine that visual upgrades are hard to implement. Is there any chance at all this gets addressed for 25? It seems like stuff like this only gets changed with yearly releases.

Mattrockbills123
      Newcomer

I don't want to attack you because I'm sure a lot of this is out of your control, but PLEASE elevate the countless complaints about the lack of progress with this fleeting franchise to people that make decisions.  The presentation is AWFUL and has been for the past 5 years.  If these things are easy for PC modders to fix in their free time, assuredly the development team can find the time to fit it into their development sprints.  Seeing this game side-by-side with NHL 14 is very depressing.  I'm sure nobody on your side is happy hearing these things. Time to act.

bobemil_sw13
    Seasoned Newcomer

I agree but not on AI CPU. It's still way too easy to win games on max everything.