Forum Discussion

plkmnvo8wkqg
Rising Newcomer
4 days ago

Make a PC port please

Why does the NFL and the NBA get PC ports but not the NHL? I’m not buying a console just to play a hockey game.

cogsx86
    Seasoned Novice

you can play NHL24 on cloud on your PC, ping is fine, 

NYR224
      Seasoned Scout

depends, it's still not like really PC

GooseGaggler
    Seasoned Newcomer

I don't own a console since my PS4 died years ago. My last NHL game was 17.  I was just ecstatic when NHL 24 came to cloud gaming with Game Pass, and I've been spending lots of time with it.

I say this NOT by way of saying "You can play on PC, get over it!" or anything like that, but rather to begin a question...

If EA made streaming NHL games to PC possible on day one, do you think people would subscribe to a service (Game Pass or EA Play) to play them?

For my part, I'm certainly finding great value in the $20 or so I pay for Game Pass, and if NHL 25 was only available to cloud game through EA Play, I'd have no problem subscribing to that for roughly the same price. Even an annual subscription costs less than buying a console I'm not interested in using for any other game.

PS: Thanks EA, for giving PC players some way to get back in the game at long last. It's nice to be back.

NYR224
      Seasoned Scout

Well, I do have a PS5 and mostly play on Xbox, and I’ve spent time with NHL 24. I can definitely see the value in Game Pass, and cloud gaming helps bridge the gap for PC players, which is great for those who don’t want to invest in a console. But, relying solely on cloud gaming still feels like a half-measure.

PC gamers have been asking for a native NHL port for years, especially when Madden and NBA have them. Cloud gaming works for now, but it's not the same as having a proper PC version, where performance and modding communities can thrive. Subscribing to EA Play or Game Pass is fine for a temporary solution, but PC players deserve the full experience.

NYR224
    Seasoned Scout

I totally understand your frustration. It’s puzzling why NHL doesn’t get a PC port when other major sports games do. A lot of us would love to play on PC without having to buy a console. Hopefully, EA will consider this in the future and bring NHL to PC. It would definitely make a lot of fans happy.