Forum Discussion

Misterkevv7
Newcomer
4 hours ago

Something changed in the gameplay...

I've seen a few post here and on Reddit that I couldn't agree more with. 

Since the last update about a week ago something definitely changed in the gameplay.

I've seen your awnser on a thread that no tuning has been made yet but something feels way off. 

-The game seems faster than at launch. We're back to skating a straight line to burn off defender and score. Previously it wasn't required or even that possible. Passing and teamplay was a priority. 

-Passing feels off. It's like the power of the passes had been tuned down or something like that. They don't connect as well anymore. 

-There's way more puck interceptions (even when players/cpu are NOT facing the puck, like they intercept the puck from behind) 

-There's also way more pokecheck from behind. You're on a half breakaway and someone pokecheck you from behind making you loose the puck. That wasn't like that at launch. 

-There's also way more bumps and hitting. From behind as well. How can someone have enough speed skating in the same direction as you to hit you from behind and make you fall on the ice?? It's ok for bumps and hitting to be in the game, the problem now is that everytime you get touched a little bit, it's like you have only 3 in balance and your character falls on the ice and glide for 10 meters.. Hitting players doesn't seems to be slower than small and fragile players like at launch. 

-The aggressiveness, hitting and pokechecking of CPU really needs to be tuned down. In squad battle and moments, there extremely too aggressive, they intercept ALL passes, they're on you before you have the chance to do litteraly anything, they will win every puck battle, will always be first on loose puck, will pokecheck you 12 times a second and will block every shot you do.. All that combined with the things I've mentionned earlier. That wasn't like that at launch and I can assure you that it's not a skill issue. 

-Also, the menus seems to be slower for some reasons. 

So yeah, I don't know what changed, but it feels off, and playing the game right now feels very frustrating. I loved the game at launch, it actually was the best gameplay you've done in years. Not so much nowadays. 

Hanseniza
    Seasoned Traveler
    • GAMESPEED need to be tuned down
    • PASSING is weird. Lots of missed passed (tuning doesnt help). I totally agree with you that passes not connecting anymore.
    • BUMP / Hitting is because the power of the truculence. We played lots of 6v6 matches CHEL where opponent did hit everything and every situation. 60 hits game. 2 penalties. In real life every single player from the opponent team would be in penalty box at least 5 times in this match.. Lots of hitting behind etc. Truculence power is way too high. More hitting penalties please.
    • That stupid big tipper need to be removed

Lots of matches where is only speed skating and wrist shots from the blue line because of big tipper. 

Misterkevv7
      Newcomer

Yep. Also feels like the CPU in SB or Moments actually plays NFL instead of NHL, man they're on your *** constantly and throw you on the ice like you're a sheet of paper no matter the strength of the actual hit.. That's crazy.. 

• There is a real possibility that we have all played enough games to this point and have gotten used to / adjusted to how it plays. Now it just feels natural like every NHL does a few weeks in.