Forum Discussion

nhluser
Seasoned Rookie
13 days ago

The new symbol on the ice for slapshots can we turn it off?

Are we stuck with another symbol on the ice like the pressure meter?this time the new well timed slapshots can we turn this blinking red/gren/grey thing off??we do not need more arcadey stuff on the ice like pass bottons and pressure meters  the game need to be present like a real tv game experience not a pinball NHL game with flashing colours all over the ice so give us the choice to turn these things off.

• It would be nice if it were slightly more subtle. Hopefully it's tied to the On-Ice Trainer, which can be turned off. 

coolspot777
      Seasoned Rookie

Yea think about it see that green circle every time when you are in the offensive zone would drive me crazy.I mean i do not want to se where the best position is to shoot feels like cheating and a thing maybe a rookie would use like Kidshowtime said a thing for the On ice Trainer it just have to be an option to turn that thing off.

Slevless gaming says it very well from the 5,50 mark in his video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO1Xf9ndo1Q

coolspot777
        Seasoned Rookie

Watching it more closely it also shows green lines in the goal when you score on a well timed one timer so it not enough with the green circle below the player it also shows green in the goal when you scores.Give us the option to turn this off this is a no buy thing to me just to much now on the screen.

CLX90
    Seasoned Newcomer

As a goalie i have and need to turn everything else off from my screen because they are very disturbing and i really do not want anything to my screen that might end up me losing the sight of the puck.

I need full focus inside the rink without anything else than the other players and puck. Please do not screw things up for these kind of things that will bother many many players.

• Hopefully this can be answered in the near future.  My guess would be to ask again after the Presentation video comes out.

NeonSkyline21
      Seasoned Rookie

Gotta love how secretive game companies are these days. Always playing such details so close to the vest. 

KlariskraysNHL
        Hero

Trust me I'm a big fan of things that should be talked about more commonly when they are actual features they talk about and should get basic questions answered.

• I don't mind the one-timer meter nearly as much as the ugly pressure meter but I DO agree and think it's quite obvious that these things should be toggle-able in the menu. Like... what's the reasoning behind not making this a choice? You should be able to go entirely HUD-less if you want to. 

Also, on an unrelated note: I wonder if the idea of "greening your shots" will ever become a regular thing in NHL. Right now shooting is just a matter of pressing up after dangling the puck into the position you want to shoot from. Maybe adding a "timing" aspect would ruin the game, but it's food for thought. 

Stubo_NHL24
    Seasoned Novice

I don't get all the fuss about having icons on the ice. I'm too busy concentrating on playing the game that I very rarely notice them. 

thebrazenhead75
      Rising Novice

They’re all distracting and as a veteran player I don’t need any of them on the screen.  I turn them all off when I first buy the game.  I sure as hell hope this will have that option too.  

EA_Aljo
      Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager

Same. It's not been intrusive at all for me. I do see how it can hurt the immersion for offline players that may not be used to the frantic competition of online games though.

jWisen
        Seasoned Newcomer

But you should be able to turn it off for those who don't like anything else on screen than scoreboard and a clean sheet of ice, cant be that hard to program so everyone is happy

NeonSkyline21
      Seasoned Rookie

I don't know I feel like it's pretty easy to understand why people who have been playing NHL games for over a decade might want the ability to turn OFF these newer HUD features. Very relatable for me.