Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Aayla Secura Rework fankit

I'm gonna be honest, I ran out of ideas for new kits, so I am revisiting my worst previous works and re-inventing them into something more modern, fitting with the current meta and meaningful. And Aayla Secura strikes me as the one GR Jedi with the most potential out of all the outdated jedi who could need a rework, so I thought about beginning the GR Jedi rework series with her. I hope you enjoy the read and that I earn your honest feedback!

UNIT NAME: Aayla Secura

ALIGNMENT: Light Side

CATEGORY: Attacker(STR), Jedi, Galactic Republic

Versatile attacker with a specialization for high surviveability and teamwork

Basic: INSPIRATION
FINAL TEXT: Deal physical damage to the target enemy with a 50% chance to call a random other ally to assist, increased to 100% if the ally in the leader slot is Galactic Republic Jedi. If the assisting ally is Galactic Republic Jedi, they deal +50% damage.

Special 1: STRENGTH OF SURVIVAL (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: Deal physical damage to the target enemy, stun them for 1 turn and recover health equal to the damage dealt. This Ability deals more damage the lower Aayla's health is, up to +200% damage if below 20% health. This Ability cannot be evaded.

Special 2: VALOROUS PROTECTION (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on all allies and grant them the opposite buffs, if any, for 2 turns. For each debuff cleansed, all allies gain Protection Up (5%) for 2 turns. Aayla Secura and the ally leader gain Riposte for 2 turns. If the ally in the leader slot is Galactic Republic Jedi, all allies recover 30% Health and Protection.

Riposte: Attacks out of turn ignore Protection.

Unique: FORCE OF COMPASSION
FINAL TEXT: (Zeta) Aayla Secura loses all Protection and gains that much Max. Health + 35% additional Max. Health.

At the beginning of each turn, Aayla Secura equalizes her health with the weakest other ally. Then, that ally recovers 10% Health and Protection and Aayla gains +5% Critical Chance (Stacking) and Critical Damage (Stacking) until the end of the encounter.

At the end of any unit's turn, Aayla dispels all debuffs on her and takes damage equal to 2% of her Max. Health per debuff dispelled. This damage cannot defeat her. For each Debuff dispelled by this effect, Aayla Secura gains 10% Offense (Stacking) until the end of her next turn.

For each buff on Aayla, all allies gain +10% Health Steal, and for each debuff on an enemy, Aayla Secura gains +10% Defense Penetration and all other allies gain half of that amount.
  • Overall it's not a bad rework idea, even if I personally don't like that only her first special can still stun enemies. Until we get to the unique. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I'll first go over a few details in the basic and specials before I'll go into the unique.
    For the most part the basic and specials are pretty good. I do thing that 100% assist chance on her basic is a tad too much, especially with the 50% damage increase. The condition for it is far too easy to achieve after all. I also think the 200% damage increase for her first special might be a tad too much, and that the Riposte on the second special doesn't make sense since she no longer has any way of attacking out of turn herself. But those are the only things about them. For the rest they are pretty good.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now the unique, which is where things go into overpowered territory.
    First the +35% Max Health is overkill when she already turns all her max protection into max health. That already gives her a huge pool of health to begin with. (Also, almost all other mentions of this effect say "at the start of battle", so I would add that here as well, if only for clarification and consistency).
    Second the health equalization, which I actually like quite a bit. It's clever and makes use of her health pool and health recovery special quite nicely (I do think instead of "weakest" you should use "Least Healthy" other ally). It's the stacking Crit Chance and Damage where things get out of hand. This happens at the beginning of each turn, which means when any ally or any enemy takes a turn, she gains these bonusses. That stacks up really quickly, to the point she might just outpace SLKR's stacking. Since these also don't have a limit, her damage will become insane needless to say. Which makes both the assist call on her basic and the damage increase of her first special entirely pointless. Why call an ally to assist when you can basically deal 30X more damage than the assisting ally? Why increase the damage when your base damage can already heal you to full health? This stacking damage is way too powerful and doesn't fit her teamwork nature.
    Then there's the dispelling of debuffs and the staking damage, which doesn't work with her second special at all. First of all, that specials dispels debuffs to grant the opposite buffs and protection up, but since she herself will never have debuffs on her when this is used, she will never gain anything else than protection up from it and the amount of protection up is also more limited. Then there's the fact that the second specials doesn't deal damage, which makes it so that the stacking offense is completely wasted. Finally, there's the same point as the previous one, why increase the damage of her first special when she already increases her own damage trough her unique anyway? (plus assist when she deals more damage, thou due to the more limited nature, this point is much weaker than the previous stacking stats). This just doesn't work with the rest of the kit.
    Finlay the health steal and Defense Penetration. I mean, what's the point of the first special recovering health based on damage dealt, if your throwing health steal bonusses into her kit (which allows one to recover health based on damage dealt). That's throwing the same thing on top of the same thing. The defense penetration by itself isn't that bad to be honest (works pretty well with her first special), but with all the other damage stacking in the kit it is the cherry on top of this overpowered cake.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Overall it's a pretty good rework idea. Just the unique doesn't synergize with the rest of the kit at all and blows everything into the overpowered category. I think with some changes to the unique, as well as some balancing in the numbers, it could be a really good rework idea. So good job overall.
    I did a rework idea of Aayla Secura myself as well, alongside Kit Fisto. You can find them here, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/173141/aayla-secura-and-kit-fisto-rework-ideas