Forum Discussion

6 years ago

As a Malak owner, please leave Anakin alone!

I have been saying that although the ham fisted, knee jerk reaction to Palp by changing Malak was a really bad decision, that CG has a plan! The plan was to release a simple rework of a character that was completely deserving of a spot in the meta from a faction that we are going to start using more (with more CW content coming). We get a fun character that is awesome to use on offense with JKR, Yoda's and bastila and CAN win from time to time vs. DR/Malak all things being equal (Mods). That same team gets destroyed on defense by the DR/Malak team which is meant to be the meta. this is a good thing. I really like arena, I don't know of anyone who has more arena wins than I do (9,011). I am only saying that to illustrate how much time I have spent in arena. I love running counter teams, I love running meta teams, etc. I tend to get engaged, buy refreshes to try new teams, etc. when we have teams that can win vs. the meta.

Buff Malak to remove Palp form the meta so that you can make room for a different counter (Anakin) looks an awful lot like you have a plan. But now I am seeing rumors and in some cases, people advocating for a nerf to Anakin and I am not so sure CG does have a plan anymore. Let DR/Malak be strong, they are and even with Anakin they remain an amazingly strong team that will never lose on offense vs. that JKR/JKA team and may lose 50-75% of the time on defense if mods are equal. This is good for the game! Usher in the CW content with a blast of glass cannon power from THE CHOSEN ONE. Really, It makes you look like you know what you're doing. Going back on that now would be a colossal disaster in a line of other colossal disasters. #LeaveAnakinAlone