Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Banner for holding defense?

Hi, what do you think about getting Banners for every holding defense?

I think this would award people who set a strong defense and still able to reach a full clear
  • "LordHel;c-2161264" wrote:
    But at the end for kyber or top 50 etc. only all offense is the way. Because the opponent banner don't count.
    For example:

Player 1 win 3 rounds by:
    2150 - 2149
    2150 - 2145
    2150 - 2144

Player 2 win 3 rounds by:
    2150 - 1980
    2150 - 1000
    2130 - 1250

Player 2 dominated 3 rounds an still ranked behind Player 1 because it doesn't matter how many banner your opponent get as long as he get less banners than you.

I don't see the problem. Player 1 has more total banners than player 2 so s/he is ranked above which is absolute correct.
    GAC ranking is always about getting more banners than everyone else and it would be totally broken if anyone could get more banners for successful defense battles. Consider someone just don't cares about winning and would battle 100 fights to feed his enemies defense banners.
  • But at the end for kyber or top 50 etc. only all offense is the way. Because the opponent banner don't count.
    For example:

Player 1 win 3 rounds by:
    2150 - 2149
    2150 - 2145
    2150 - 2144

Player 2 win 3 rounds by:
    2150 - 1980
    2150 - 1000
    2130 - 1250

Player 2 dominated 3 rounds an still ranked behind Player 1 because it doesn't matter how many banner your opponent get as long as he get less banners than you.
  • I didn't mean banner for every fight. I thought about extra banner for every defense team who stands at the end. For example 20 Banner for each team.
  • "LordHel;c-2161285" wrote:
    I don't mean banner for every fight. I thought about extra banner for every defense team who stands at the end. For example 20 Banner for each team.

That's a terrible idea for the leader board.

Your ranking is already quite frequently in your opponent's hand, the last thing we need is to have scores decided by who pulls the most opponents that can't be bothered to attack.
  • Right, that would mess things up even more. For the GAC banner system i'll go with "If it's not broken don't fix it.".
  • While I agree the banners for holding defense is potentially open for exploite, I could go for "banners for defense teams that survives attacks" but frankly that's already caculate when the rival lose banners for unseccesful attack...

Nevertheless, I do think there should be feats for defense. Lets say something like "win 5 teams on defense on GAC battles" or "win a GAC battle on defense with the toon X"
  • Don't you get GAC points/ banners for winning a round? I don't really pay attention. But that being a case, your opponent losing banners because of a defend helps you win, and therefore you get closer to kyber.
  • They are both terrible methods, with a terrible matchmaking system. Finding a better way to calculate banners to account for defensive strategies would just be putting lipstick on a pig.

But yes, I agree with your assessment that putting a strong defense is penalized in GAC.