Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Diversity

Is there a plan, soon hopefully, to diversify the characters. Anyone sick of seeing STH, Lando, Wiggs, Boba teams? Nil, Palp, Sid, Dooku, Maul teams? Is that all anyone has to use in Arena? Seriously. There are over 100 charatcters and yet these are the fall to team unless you are top 10 and then it is CLS R2 Zeta dominated with a call me on TS rotation making sure to lock out top 10 for folks on forums who coordinate payout times. What is the point of the rest of the roster if one Sith team and one or two Synergy from hell teams dominates Arena. I was so happy to see someone using clones in PVP and a Jawa Droid team finally showed up.

Mods need to be removed. This is the same mistake Blizzard made gemming and enhancing gear. You wind up with cookie cutter teams where a level 65 team can compete with 85s in pvp and actually win if they pay enough cash to buy and level the super mods with correct primary stats.
  • Diversity is arguably present in other areas of the game for all to enjoy (GW, TB, Raids). Arena is not one of those areas. I can't imagine mods being taken away this far into the game.
  • There has never been diversity in arena. I would like to see some diversity in GW. I mean, every 6th and 9th node is exactly the same. It isn't hard just boring.
  • There was far less diversity in the Arena before the introduction of mods. Two people with the same team and gear would have the exact same stats, leading to coin-flip decisions which made for a very stale experience. Adding mods allowed people to come up with more interesting team compositions and have them be potentially viable with the right setup of mod stats.
    And one of the first changes made to mods was to move to a more percentage-based stat system, so that you didn't have level 50 characters with vast amounts of protection and health, for example.
    On top of that, there's a built-in factor in the tenacity/potency check to prevent lower level characters from landing debuffs on higher level characters as easily, as well as lower levels of abilities/gear allowed, so it would be very difficult for a level 65 team to legitimately compete with a level 85 team.
  • i can tell you right now that mods will never be removed.
    I wouldn't get my hopes up for more diversity either, but it's atleast in the realm of possibilities.
  • Not much diversity in the arena since CLS arrived. It'll change, of course, but I would guess the CLS plus rebels meta is here for a while. Maybe until the new movie is upon us.
  • I think just about every faction but rebels needs some reworks at this point...CLS was just overkill. 9 out of the top 10 teams on my shard right now are CLS leads, and probably about 40 out of the top 50 are rebels...its so boring.
  • I actually quit the game last year because mods were handled so terribly. I thought mods had potential, but I hated the extra garbage of not only just praying for something of a decent level to drop, but for god rolls on that thing.
  • "Pyrefly;c-1266835" wrote:
    There was far less diversity in the Arena before the introduction of mods. Two people with the same team and gear would have the exact same stats, leading to coin-flip decisions which made for a very stale experience. Adding mods allowed people to come up with more interesting team compositions and have them be potentially viable with the right setup of mod stats.
    And one of the first changes made to mods was to move to a more percentage-based stat system, so that you didn't have level 50 characters with vast amounts of protection and health, for example.
    On top of that, there's a built-in factor in the tenacity/potency check to prevent lower level characters from landing debuffs on higher level characters as easily, as well as lower levels of abilities/gear allowed, so it would be very difficult for a level 65 team to legitimately compete with a level 85 team.

If anything, it was equally as not diverse at is now. Certainly not less. I can't remember another time when 90% of my top 50 were composed of some combination of the same 7 toons.
  • Resistance = GW win
    Wiggs, Sith, or CLS/R2 = PVP
    Rancor = Phoenix and Ewoks
    AAT = Jawas and Ewoks

Every other toon is just fanboy homage. Am I wrong?

Pilots are the only diverse group, I see all capital ships in top 10 with different fleet composition. So fleet actually makes sense. Just need Home One to function with Resistance and Rebels both, and Separatist capital ship need to be introduced. You have Nute Gunray and Grievious to choose from.