Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Gar Saxon Zeta Leadership.

To be fair, 5% health recovery on basic seems a rather underwhelming zeta compared to the others.
In my opinion, these are the two ways to improve it and make it actually worth 20 zetas:

• 5% Health and 3% Protection.
    Explanation: Makes Empire more sustainable, specially in this Rebel/damage Meta, and great for GW and Raids, since the team has to take damage in order to shine with counter attacks.
  • Empire allies attack one more time whenever they use a Basic (excluding Gar himself).
    Explanation: Empire would recover 5% health on basic x2, plus the DPS boost would help a lot in making Gar teams viable. Imagine characters like Palpatine, Krennic or Thrawn attacking twice, or Death Trooper double tapping on non rebel enemies. Personally I like this the most, since it would be the first ability to bring an extra basic attack.

I know is a long shot, since the Dev team rarely change zeta abilities, but any change would be welcome. Gar Saxon is a really fun character to play with, specially as a leader, but I can't but feel his "big upgrade" is really underwhelming.
    • Posts like these are best left in the feedback section.

Aside from that, I do like Gar Saxon myself. He feels like he should get more synergy bonuses though.
    • Gar Saxon should suffer double damage when Sabine hits him. Every shot Gar takes at Chopper should be deflected by Ezra. Every time Gar is defeated in battle, the dark saber should appear and run him through.

He is a traitor to Mandalore and worse than Pre Vizla. Of all the Clone Wars and Rebels featured Mandos, why Gar?
    • "Whatever_Man;c-1335641" wrote:
      Posts like these are best left in the feedback section.

Aside from that, I do like Gar Saxon myself. He feels like he should get more synergy bonuses though.

Like what synergies were you thinking? I think his kit is really good an fun to play with, specially when you have him as lead, so that's why I think the focus should go to the leader ability. I actually haven't thought about synergies with other toons.

"ChickenFett139;c-1335664" wrote:
      Gar Saxon should suffer double damage when Sabine hits him. Every shot Gar takes at Chopper should be deflected by Ezra. Every time Gar is defeated in battle, the dark saber should appear and run him through.

He is a traitor to Mandalore and worse than Pre Vizla. Of all the Clone Wars and Rebels featured Mandos, why Gar?

Actually the Mandos allied themselves with the Sith Empire in the Old Republic days. The way it's showed to us, Satine's Mandalore was the "fake" one, while Pre Vizla and Gar stayed more true to the old Mandalorian culture.

But I get your point. Gar is kind of a side character. I just like him because of his kit and Empire tag.
    • The Zeta should be

- 5 percent heal to health and protection
      - Allies clear 1 debuff off themselves when they use Basic attack

At the same time, give Imperial Super Commando a Zeta to Upper Hand

- Grants Upperhand bonuses to all Empire Allies

Now that's a fun base for an Empire team!

• "Sev112;c-1337565" wrote:
      The Zeta should be

That's actually a good suggestion. Maybe the Upperhand bonus is a bit too OP. Perhaps half of the bonuses for Empire and ful bonuses for Imperial Troopers.
      The cleanse on basic will help the team in the Arena, since Daze might shut them down badly.
    • "Darth_Amarth;c-1338659" wrote:
      "Sev112;c-1337565" wrote:
      The Zeta should be

That's actually a good suggestion. Maybe the Upperhand bonus is a bit too OP. Perhaps half of the bonuses for Empire and ful bonuses for Imperial Troopers.
      The cleanse on basic will help the team in the Arena, since Daze might shut them down badly.

Thanks!

For ISC, how about if he granted the UpperHand bonuses to just Gar Saxon so the two have a bit more synergy? That would help boost Gar's damage a little bit as well as allowing him to counter 100 percent of the time.