Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Health steal on mods

I would love to see health steal added as a mod enhancement. Thoughts?
  • "Ct214476;c-1706164" wrote:
    I dont think they would do that, because that would be like having evasion mods

I mean, I'd prefer having evasion mods, because it would give accuracy mods a reason for existing again.
  • "Gair;c-1706197" wrote:
    Health steal on mods 2ould essentially phase out healers altogether at those percentages. It would have to be fractions of a % due to crit dmg scaling.

It wouldn't need to be fractions of a %, most characters already have plenty of health steal. You also need to remember that many of the characters that need some source of health steal the most aren't exactly the biggest attackers. Of the 165 characters in game:

• 11 characters don't have any health steal at all. (6 of these characters are either healers or have ways to heal themselves in their kits)
    • 32 characters have 5% health steal. (19 of these characters have healing capabilities as well)
    • 55 characters have 10% health steal.
    • 31 characters have 15% health steal
    • 19 characters have 20% health steal
    • 5 characters have 25% health steal
    • 7 characters have 30% health steal
    • 4 characters have 35% health steal
    • 1 (Asajj) has 55% health steal

Looking at the very bottom of the health steal % it is mostly healers or leaders that have healing abilities in their leader abilities. Adding 5-10% health steal on a mod set wouldn't be game breaking at all.
    That means that over 1/3 of all characters have at least 15% health already (at g12), and roughly 2/3 of all characters have at least 10% health steal.

If the Health Steal was a mod set then I would say make it either a 4 mod set that caps at 10% health steal, or make it a 2 mod set that caps at 4%.
  • I dont think they would do that, because that would be like having evasion mods
  • I would be ok with health steal mods if they only provided a small percentage of health steal, maybe 10% or so as maximum. It would help with nihilus in the Sith Raid.
  • Health steal on mods 2ould essentially phase out healers altogether at those percentages. It would have to be fractions of a % due to crit dmg scaling.
  • I think it would be nice to add more variables to mods. Despite everything they've done so far, speed is still king, we just have other stats that might be princes.