Forum Discussion

happypfe
New Spectator
8 years ago

Hoth Rebel Scout(HRS)

Does anyone have any experience leveling this toon up and maxing his gear lvl? His base speed doesn't look that slow and his TM gain abilities seem interesting. I currently have him sitting around G8 and 7* but i'm wondering if he is worth gearing to max and inserting worthy mods into, or have I already wasted too much on him. I don't expect arena worthiness but just curious if he would be a good alt rebel for GW or a B team on raids. Any insight from someone who has him maxed would be appreciated.
  • "Vertigo;965119" wrote:
    "Allenb60;965087" wrote:
    he's super fun with an acbkar lead, although i think on average you will get more turn meet from scarriff rebel pathfinder (but he deals less damage)

SRP is a lot slower, deals a lot less damage and has a 100% chance to grant 15% TM (15% avg). HRS has a 40% chance to give 25% TM (10% avg). So yeah you average more TM gain from SRP's basic, but he won't be using his basic nearly as often as HRS. HRS is about 30% faster at unmodded speed, which doesn't mean much, but he's certainly faster. But HRS can also grant HIMSELF 25% TM. SRP only grants 15% TM to everyone else, not himself. So HRS will be compounding his speed with his own TM gain, as well as just being able to do a lot more damage. Especially when it comes to ackbar lead and the assists because HRS can give himself 25% TM out of turn and then go more often, if you call SRP to assist he does a lot less damage and can't give himself TM so he won't be able to keep spreading TM.

I don't know, i think if srp assists it is technically still more because those who called him to assist will be faster, I am sure some math could be done but lets just say hoth scout is better anyways since more damage = faster battle
  • "Allenb60;965376" wrote:
    "Vertigo;965119" wrote:
    "Allenb60;965087" wrote:
    he's super fun with an acbkar lead, although i think on average you will get more turn meet from scarriff rebel pathfinder (but he deals less damage)

SRP is a lot slower, deals a lot less damage and has a 100% chance to grant 15% TM (15% avg). HRS has a 40% chance to give 25% TM (10% avg). So yeah you average more TM gain from SRP's basic, but he won't be using his basic nearly as often as HRS. HRS is about 30% faster at unmodded speed, which doesn't mean much, but he's certainly faster. But HRS can also grant HIMSELF 25% TM. SRP only grants 15% TM to everyone else, not himself. So HRS will be compounding his speed with his own TM gain, as well as just being able to do a lot more damage. Especially when it comes to ackbar lead and the assists because HRS can give himself 25% TM out of turn and then go more often, if you call SRP to assist he does a lot less damage and can't give himself TM so he won't be able to keep spreading TM.

I don't know, i think if srp assists it is technically still more because those who called him to assist will be faster, I am sure some math could be done but lets just say hoth scout is better anyways since more damage = faster battle

It would be more directly for the other people on the team yes. But SRP doesn't have the ability to speed himself up, whereas HRS does so HRS would have a 40% chance to go 25% more often than SRP along with his higher speed and higher damage when being called to assist. It's less about speeding up your team once, and more about doing it over and over again which HRS will have more opportunities to do. So I think in the long run as HRS tallies up more attacks he will outpace SRP in terms of granting TM as well as providing more damage.