Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Hyperspace Bundle Purchase Issue unresolved

Posting here as customer service/tech support has not been able to resolve the issue.

Purchased for my son, as a surprise Christmas gift, sufficient credit in the iTunes Store to get the Hyperspace Bundle. He was really excited and we went through the steps to purchase it. Unfortunately, it glitches out and went into EA/CG limbo. We know the purchase went through as it shows both in his iTunes account and I received the receipt from Apple showing the purchase. It remains available to him in the store but he is not able to purchase it again (not that we would want to). He has tried the restore purchase option but that has not helped either.

We have tried EA customer support multiple times with no resolution. He received a call at 4 AM ET this morning to discuss his case, which I find to be insane. We called back and waited for about an hour before we reached someone. He has provided screenshots of the receipt, his ally code, his purchase history, etc. it was supposed to be escalated and resolved within a few hours. He has not received anything other than a missed call at 8:30 PM ET while we were at dinner. No e-mail follow-up and nothing in the game. At this point, we are out the $107.11 after taxes and I have a really upset minor son who was super excited about this surprise gift. He is frustrated and I’m at a loss as to what to tell him other than we will figure it out. I am really disappointed to have one of his surprise gifts get so ruined.

I am not sure where else to turn at this point so I am posting here. I’m happy to provide his ally code and other details to any CG staff who might be able to help.