Forum Discussion

8 years ago

JC ship overpowered

I have gear 8 JC lvl 80 and gear 11 FOTP lvl 85.
But as same lvl, JC ship has still more power than FOTP ship.

Why is like this ?
  • JC primarily increases his ship's special damage, Ackbar and Vader do the same thing. Special damage is for some reason greater than physical when calculating ship power. Because of this trying to gauge how powerful a ship or character is from their power rating alone is impossible.

I stopped looking at squad and fleet power a long time ago. Only really pay attention to it when choosing between attacking two very similar character/ship comps.
  • JC's ship is sorta like Rey... High damage special and not much else. I tend to agree his assist is awesome but after that it's meh. Now I also only have a g9... so g11 could be the difference.

Though the ships now TL + Biggs is king. JC doesn't help with that at all. He can be a good option as last reinforcement to quickly take out someone and heal it the battle gets to that point.
  • Consular's ship does excellent for me in my Republic Fleet.

First of all there's the faction bonuses:
    Extra offense for republic allies under full health from Mace
    Extra tenacity from Rex, that leads to group protection regeneration
    Extra buffs from Plo Koon's tm gain
    Consular restores extra protection to Republic allies compared to what he gives others
    His presence reduces the cd on Rex's tm/protection giver. (which can be cast every turn in a full republic fleet)

A nice little combo I like to use is having Clone Sergeant taunting, have Rex give protection and tm to Consular, to have him give protection to clone sergeant.
    Consular's protection regeneration replenishes practically all of the protection compared to Rex's, and the tm gain is far more useful to get Consular's assist more often than it is for Clone Sergeant, since I don't want the taunt to drop off.

I run Rex, Clone Sergeant, Jedi Consular, Fives, and Plo Koon as my starting team under Mace. Backups are Ahsoka, Boba Fett, and Geonosian Soldier. I do rather well. Rarely do I get knocked out of the top ten at any point of the day. I'm almost always in the top 5 for payout, and take 1st often enough. 3 out of my starting 5 have target lock (plus Mace's ship), 2 tm gains, an assist, a buff wipe, 2 protection regenerations, 2 protection ups, 2 taunts. It's a very useful team, and Consular is a big part of it. He's much better for defense than for offense. Even his assist is a defensive move with all that protection up.
  • "Woodroward;969406" wrote:
    Consular's ship does excellent for me in my Republic Fleet.

Consular restores extra protection to Republic allies compared to what he gives others
    His presence reduces the cd on Rex's tm/protection giver. (which can be cast every turn in a full republic fleet)

A nice little combo I like to use is having Clone Sergeant taunting, have Rex give protection and tm to Consular, to have him give protection to clone sergeant.
    Consular's protection regeneration replenishes practically all of the protection compared to Rex's, and the tm gain is far more useful to get Consular's assist more often than it is for Clone Sergeant, since I don't want the taunt to drop off.

I run Rex, Clone Sergeant, Jedi Consular, Fives, and Plo Koon as my starting team under Mace. Backups are Ahsoka, Boba Fett, and Geonosian Soldier. I do rather well. Rarely do I get knocked out of the top ten at any point of the day. I'm almost always in the top 5 for payout, and take 1st often enough. 3 out of my starting 5 have target lock (plus Mace's ship), 2 tm gains, an assist, a buff wipe, 2 protection regenerations, 2 protection ups, 2 taunts. It's a very useful team, and Consular is a big part of it. He's much better for defense than for offense. Even his assist is a defensive move with all that protection up.

What level is your squad and shard? Are you (and them) maxed?

The impression I had with that setup is it was a great defensive team before x4 and extremely good at mid-game. Though vs complete ships/pilots it just couldn't kill fast enough.

• "Twin;969583" wrote:
    "Woodroward;969406" wrote:
    Consular's ship does excellent for me in my Republic Fleet.

What level is your squad and shard? Are you (and them) maxed?

The impression I had with that setup is it was a great defensive team before x4 and extremely good at mid-game. Though vs complete ships/pilots it just couldn't kill fast enough.

I am 81. My ships are mostly 5 star. Rex and Boba are 4 star, Consular is 6 star.
    Pilots. Ahsoka and Clone Sergeant are 7 star. Consular, 5s, Rex, Mace and Boba are 6 star. Geonosian Soldier and Plo Koon are 5 star. Everyone is in t9.
    Ships are all around 75. Dec 10 2016 shard. Abilities are as maxed as can be on the ships. I've been struggling to 5 star Grand Moff's ship for a week or two.

I am the only person in my shard running a full republic fleet. One of only 2 in the top 20 with a Mace lead. I'm the only one in the top 50 NOT running Biggs's ship (as far as I can tell anyway). I was only able to get Rex's ship really viable since 4x speed. I was starting to have problems until I threw him in the mix, still wasn't working well until I made Ahsoka a back up.