Forum Discussion

5 years ago

My problems with clash on kamino unknowns

So I get that there is no such thing as event cadence and because COK came every 70 days or so doesn't mean it's going to this time. So the event date is a complete unknown.

Here's the problem of leaving the event date an unknown:

1) I've been ready for a month, the excitement of waiting for GAS has been too much so I've actually disengaged with the game. I don't do arena anymore, I haven't been doing GAC, and my tb/tw participation is minimal. I've found I don't care about the game anymore until I get GAS. Ive started playing other games instead.

2) this is the big f2p unlock. So it's both a slap to the face for those that spent six months grinding for the event. Frustrating to wait after all this time and not know at all when it's back.

3) I think the longer it drags the less people will spend on unlocking. Most people that want gas were trying to get ready for early-mid May. So there will be no last minute spending from a huge chunk of players.

To sum up keeping the event date secret creates: disengagement of some players, frustration for those that have been on an extremely long grind, and likely fewer people that will spend last minute on the event.

The question is why is the 'surprise mechanic' of event dates helpful to the game and bottom line?