Forum Discussion

8 years ago

New "Mod Challenge" energy - please?

My impression of me after a new character is released that can only be farmed in the Cantina:

https://i.imgflip.com/f2xff.jpg

The fact that Cantina energy, which refreshes at half the rate of regular energy and only gets one extra boost of 45 energy a day, is also used for farming mods makes me a sad Jedi.

https://i.imgflip.com/1shuzp.jpg

I implore you, please separate Cantina and Mod energy so we can get new characters and also keep up with the insatiable demands for better and better mods. You will make me a happy Jedi.

http://www.fbtb.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/markdaisy.jpg
  • just always keep a set amount of crystal for unpredictable events you know? like you would save money✓
  • It's also one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't farm mods with energy even though I know I should. Because honestly, I don't find it fun. It's extremely frustrating to spends energy for weeks to end up with nothing arena worthy. Farming character shards is just so much more fun because a) I at least somewhat know what I'm getting and b) I like to get characters, regardless of how useful they are, because I enjoy Star Wars.

It's always annoying when playing the game the way I want to play and the way that is most fun for me means I fall behind.

Edit: And just to clarify, yes, I understand the economical impact and why it's done the way it is. It won't change because of that. That doesn't mean I have to like it.
  • Separate currencies for mods and cantina could mean more money for EA. Think about it...another in game currency to refresh, means more crystals used and purchased.

While I do find it annoying to choose between characters or mods, I do understand it's another layer of strategy. I just wish, I could farm mods and cantina characters at the same time.
  • When mods came out, they added the 45 energy boost and increased cantina energy renewal, so not entirely out of the realm of possibility that they'll change it and boost a little. They also helped by making mods 100%. Just keep saving those crystals for energy refreshes but it has gotten better
  • If they gave you a separate energy, they'd have to lower the drop rate again.

Raising it to 100% was the compromise to allow us to farm both efficiently.
  • "Bulldog1205;c-1177743" wrote:
    It's also one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't farm mods with energy even though I know I should. Because honestly, I don't find it fun. It's extremely frustrating to spends energy for weeks to end up with nothing arena worthy. Farming character shards is just so much more fun because a) I at least somewhat know what I'm getting and b) I like to get characters, regardless of how useful they are, because I enjoy Star Wars.

maaaan, you crazy =D
    100% droprate! > shards you can use because you have gigantic backlog when it comes to gearen.
    To each their own ofcourse, but i've been going HAM on mod challenges ever since the 100% droprate. Truth be told, i'm not getting any seriously good mods. Saving the crystals to buy gear is probably the best choice, but that 100% droprate is playing jedi tricks on me, haha.
  • Game's about "management" in general

a lot of f2p players out there who are rrrreally really strong!

if they can do it, so can we!