Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Phasma Rework

It ridiculous that such an awful character in the movies is on nearly every team as the Leader. She needs a rework that only works with FO toons. I'm not saying it's op, I'm saying that it doesn't make sense. She was one of the most disappointing characters in the Star Wars universe and yet she is the best leader in Arena? No, the devs need to make her leader ability work way better with FO toons and nearly not at all or even better it only works with FO toons. I'm tired of seeing the silver bucket head in 80% of squads.
  • "JediGhost117;438744" wrote:
    "Sir_Whooty;438626" wrote:
    Take it as you will, I guess not even a direct quote from the Senior Editor works for you. I'm glad they're going in an opposite direction, new mysteries. Although I do think they'll bring back most of the Old Republic since its been brought up in canon material ;).

You literally just contradicted yourself with this comment. If they are part of the canon material so are their stories.
    "Sir_Whooty;438618" wrote:
    "JediGhost117;438241" wrote:
    "Sir_Whooty;437899" wrote:
    Here it is again,
    Lmao no they're not, they've reserved the right to use characters but are free to write any new story they want. Disney has came out and said the EU is scrapped. Gone. Deceased. The old republic has been referenced, but that doesn't magically include the story arcs, again they're free to tell their own history.

-'On April 25, 2014, after a year of ownership by the Walt Disney Company, a StarWars.com press release confirmed that the films of the sequel trilogy would not adhere to the post–Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe, with further comments from LucasBooks Senior Editor Jennifer Heddle confirming that the EU as a whole is no longer considered canon.The EU has been re-termed "Legends," with related publications remaining in print under that banner.

Since then, the only previously published material still considered canon are the six original trilogy/prequel trilogy films and the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series and film. Most material published after April 25—such as the Star Wars Rebels TV series and all novels beginning with A New Dawn—is also considered part of the new canon, on account of the creation of the Lucasfilm Story Group, which currently oversees continuity as a whole. Characters under the Legends banner are still available for use as needed, even if events concerning them are no longer canon.'

Look at that, direct quotes addressing both your HK-47 and Canon issues

Look you can use whatever quotes you want from whatever site you get them from but the fact of the matter is that if they use a no canon character they acknowledge the existence of that universe, giving it legitimacy.

What part of "available for use as needed" don't you understand? Lol it shouldn't be this difficult. Just because Hk 47 is canon doesn't mean his story arc of the old republic is. So no, you can't use that argument to bring legitimacy to the old EU when they're just going to make their own.

So you can use a person in your story that has a backstory but their backstory doesn't exist as far as your concerned. Not how it works. If they have the character and it has the same name and everything then yes his story arc is canon as far as they are concerned. You simply don't get it. If they use any of the material we have new canon for that material but until they do use it we use the existing canon for reference. Moron.

That's exactly how it works, take your argument up with Disney. I don't know how many times I have to reference their quote saying it's not canon so I'm just going to assume you have the reading comprehension of a degenerate lol. You're bringing opinions with no foundation. I'm bringing cold hard facts from the only source that matters. If you can find a Disney source saying otherwise go right ahead but until then I'm done with you enjoy clinging to your fan fiction;)

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865602712/Lucasfilm-sets-record-straight-on-Star-Wars-Expanded-Universe.html?pg=all
  • "Sir_Whooty;438831" wrote:
    "JediGhost117;438744" wrote:
    "Sir_Whooty;438626" wrote:
    Take it as you will, I guess not even a direct quote from the Senior Editor works for you. I'm glad they're going in an opposite direction, new mysteries. Although I do think they'll bring back most of the Old Republic since its been brought up in canon material ;).

You literally just contradicted yourself with this comment. If they are part of the canon material so are their stories.
    "Sir_Whooty;438618" wrote:
    "JediGhost117;438241" wrote:
    "Sir_Whooty;437899" wrote:
    Here it is again,
    Lmao no they're not, they've reserved the right to use characters but are free to write any new story they want. Disney has came out and said the EU is scrapped. Gone. Deceased. The old republic has been referenced, but that doesn't magically include the story arcs, again they're free to tell their own history.

-'On April 25, 2014, after a year of ownership by the Walt Disney Company, a StarWars.com press release confirmed that the films of the sequel trilogy would not adhere to the post–Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe, with further comments from LucasBooks Senior Editor Jennifer Heddle confirming that the EU as a whole is no longer considered canon.The EU has been re-termed "Legends," with related publications remaining in print under that banner.

Since then, the only previously published material still considered canon are the six original trilogy/prequel trilogy films and the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series and film. Most material published after April 25—such as the Star Wars Rebels TV series and all novels beginning with A New Dawn—is also considered part of the new canon, on account of the creation of the Lucasfilm Story Group, which currently oversees continuity as a whole. Characters under the Legends banner are still available for use as needed, even if events concerning them are no longer canon.'

Look at that, direct quotes addressing both your HK-47 and Canon issues

Look you can use whatever quotes you want from whatever site you get them from but the fact of the matter is that if they use a no canon character they acknowledge the existence of that universe, giving it legitimacy.

What part of "available for use as needed" don't you understand? Lol it shouldn't be this difficult. Just because Hk 47 is canon doesn't mean his story arc of the old republic is. So no, you can't use that argument to bring legitimacy to the old EU when they're just going to make their own.

So you can use a person in your story that has a backstory but their backstory doesn't exist as far as your concerned. Not how it works. If they have the character and it has the same name and everything then yes his story arc is canon as far as they are concerned. You simply don't get it. If they use any of the material we have new canon for that material but until they do use it we use the existing canon for reference. Moron.

That's exactly how it works, take your argument up with Disney. I don't know how many times I have to reference their quote saying it's not canon so I'm just going to assume you have the reading comprehension of a degenerate lol. You're bringing opinions with no foundation. I'm bringing cold hard facts from the only source that matters. If you can find a Disney source saying otherwise go right ahead but until then I'm done with you enjoy clinging to your fan fiction;)

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865602712/Lucasfilm-sets-record-straight-on-Star-Wars-Expanded-Universe.html?pg=all

I can read just fine. What you are failing to realize is that you are arguing with a theology. The idea that if you use a small detail of a thing, you must achknowledge the existence of the entire thing. Disney by adding HK 47 to this game are achknowledging that the extended universe happened as far as this game is concerned.