Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Playable Characters

Can the limitation of type (Rebel, First Order, Sith, etc) be removed from the individual events? I have a mix of characters I like to use together. For instance Nightsister and Jedi.

Also, please remove number of stars as a requirement. If a player wants to use a low level character against a high level opponent, it’s their choice.
  • "Gunhappy;d-163074" wrote:
    Can the limitation of type (Rebel, First Order, Sith, etc) be removed from the individual events? I have a mix of characters I like to use together. For instance Nightsister and Jedi.

Also, please remove number of stars as a requirement. If a player wants to use a low level character against a high level opponent, it’s their choice.

For most of the content in the game there's no restriction. Raids, both arenas, and galactic war are the big ones, but don't neglect the small ones like cantina or the light/dark boards (which have minimal requirements) that you eventually get to the point that you're just simming, but were important early on.

Events have faction limitations because they're events. That's what makes them special, it's the whole point of the thing. The intent is to have events for every faction, not every faction for every event.
  • The limitations on team types for various events is part of what makes the game more interesting than other games of this type. This is, largely, a collection game. Team restrictions are what encourage and reward breadth of roster. Without those restrictions, you'd just be able to go all in on one team and steamroll everything, and it'd be quite dull, with little incentive for collecting. Yes, there's a money factor, but it's also the fundamental tool for shaping the game experience.

More unusual teams, like mixed-faction or mixed dark/light teams do, as a consequence, have more limited application, but there are still quite a few places to use them. Cantina, arena, galactic war, territory war, mythic events, raids. There are places to put it to use. But you'll still need specific faction teams and multiple functional teams for a variety of reasons.