Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Ships 2.0 is good but AI ruins it

Title says it all. Ships needed a rework and I think the Idea how CG did it is awesome and battles are way more dynamic now.
But Ships are are pain to play due to the stupid AI and its algorythm, we all know that the AI in swgoh is like from the 90's in general, but this new ship thingy ruins every fun part and any aspect, no matter if its in TW, Arena or elsewhere.

The Ai simply doesn't use special abilities properly and never calls the right reinforcement

Examples:
- Poe's ship in the start lineup targets imp Tie fighter, in 8/10 cases hes firing its basic attack (why?!)
- Umbaran reinforces and shoots basic instead of dealing massive damage to all target locked enemies
- Clone Sarge also just pump its basic after reinforcement instead of firing rockets
- why does the game call in tanks over healers if you already have 2 tanks present? Plo Koon has to be boosted
- Under no circumstances plo koon gives Tie Fighter a taunt due to the combined HP (more advanced for the AI)

There are a lot more examples which make the squad building impossible, on paper they're looking good, but AI is just terrible coded.
  • My shard was funny and challenging before the upgrade. Lots of skilled players with interesting and particular lineups which required different strategies and different approaches to deal with them. Now the players between 1 and 20 have THE SAME EXACT LINEUP WITH THE SAME REINFORCEMENT. Just a couple dudes are running geonosians either because they powered them up before or because they shopped things. But this is not the point. 80% of the players are running the same team. If you consider one different ship to not count as a difference, almost 100% of the players are running the same team. Even the ones running ackbar are running vader, TF and biggs.

Can this be called an "upgrade"? Usually, upgrades introduce new things and overall renew something. This "upgrade" just made everyone use the same team and the same reinforcements, because there is no balance between them: some ships are clearly stronger than others and some reinforcements (1 or 2) are the only ones viable in a competitive environment. Uh, yes, I was forgetting: the competitive environment has been destroyed, so this basically doesn't make sense, right?

Waiting for ships to get back to normal or at least to be fixed somehow. We don't have a ships section anymore by the time being.
  • How old is your shard? If it's not a new shard, you were just lucky. Mature shards under 1.0 all used the exact same lineup, from starters to cap to reinforcements.
  • I just wish they would call your 1st reinforcement 1st and deviate from there.
  • "Drazhar;c-1567623" wrote:
    Just a couple dudes are running geonosians either because they powered them up before or because they shopped things.

meh they are horrible now ( now 75 Omegas from now (2020 if I'm lucky) and their uniques maxxed under a capital ship with some seperatist boosts and synergy and they won't suck hopefully they will be the meta by then...

(not complaining I actually think with their 3 uniques maxxed they make quite a squad...but 75 omegas... meh (if Ship table drops omegas then not so meh) by the time i get 75 omegas there will be a whole new meta anyway soooo there's that :)