Forum Discussion

MasterSeedy
Seasoned Veteran
3 hours ago

"Show All" Button Please?

For the love of humanity, if you can't have a notification button that takes us directly to a new thread response, can we please have a "show all" button instead of a "show more" button? 

This internet connection and a single laptop can play multiple 4k videos simultaneously in separate browser windows of actual separate browsers. That's right, I can run 3 entirely different company's browsers and run a 4k video in one window of each. 

Downloading 100 text messages isn't something that we have to throttle to make sure you don't overwhelm my internet. It doesn't even save any server capacity because you still have to send me all those messages, but this way you have to do it in chunks and respond to multiple inputs instead of efficiently finishing the task and getting it over with. 

The only way it would save any server capacity would be if you made things so frustrating that people looking for the new messages went to find them, clicked, "Show More" a couple times, then gave up. But if the purpose of your website design is to encourage people to give up and stop reading about SWGOH, you could accomplish that at much lower expense by simply not having a forum. 

I get that the button to take us right to the latest response might take a while to code, but "Show All" is an easy half-fix that you can bash out in an afternoon and save your customers a lot of headaches. 

Why not assume that your forums are here to be read and then make that function easy for users? 

• Please! I usually try to refrain from being condescending or acting like a know-it-all, but we're talking about a billion-dollar company. Yet this new forum functions like something made by a high-schooler on a sugar rush.

Having to refresh the page because the contents don't show up.

Error messages that prevent me from posting something.

Having to constantly sign-in, and also often having to try to sign-in multiple times because of error messages.

Messages being arranged by likes instead of from oldest to newest (or vice versa). Yes, this is more of a personal preference, but call me crazy for thinking that users are more likely to look up posts based on the date instead of how many likes it has.

"Related" posts from completely different games.

Being redirected to completely different threads (hasn't happened to me for a few weeks now, but the fact that it happened at all).

Switching from EA to Khoros or whatever (similarly, hasn't happened lately, but that it happened at all).

The issue you mentioned. If I see a notification about a new message in a thread, I would like to be immediately directed to that very same message. I understand that if there are multiple new responses it's easier to just start at the top of the page, but I'd rather not have to click my way through a dozen "show more" links, which if I may add sometimes do not show more, so I can find what I'm looking for.