Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Single Character Packs

Question. Why don't they re release single packs into the store? Or at least if they do it almost never happens.

Lets take Jolee as an example. If I don't buy his pack before it expires in 4 days, I probably lose the ability to ever do so.

Sure it might come around as part of a faction pack or something, but to be honest, by that point in time, I will already have the other characters in the pack geared and at 7*. So why in the world would I ever dump money on it.

Its like the BH faction pack that comes around once a month or whatever. I'm never spending 2700 crystals on the minuscule chance I get the last Bossk shards I need.

But I didn't buy the Bossk pack when it was released. I would drop $9.99 on it in a heatbeat if I could.

I'm sure people are going to go, "because by only allowing the pack to be available for a limited time, it forces you to buy it now, because if you don't you lose it forever."

Fair enough about artificial scarcity. However, many people have not been playing this game since it came out. What about the person who starts playing 6 months from now. Is it their fault that Bastilla dropped 6 months ago, therefore they can't buy the pack?

They wouldn't have even been here 6 months ago to even have the opportunity to buy the pack.

Like me. I only started playing 8 months ago. Did they ever release a Chirrut pack? Or a Baze pack? There are others also I would spend money on right now if they were available.

Why can't every pack, ever released, be reintroduced at some point. It can still be tied to a single purchase per account.

That checksum isnt hard programming. Totally doable. Like I said, I get it that it takes away from the immediacy, but so many people, at least in my opinion, never has d access to certain packs, because they simply weren't playing the game when the pack came out.

What is the harm, in my purchasing the Dooku pack that came out 6 months ago? I'm never going to give you the money to get his shards from any type of faction pack because I already have ever other sith except for Traya unlocked.

Your missing out on a lot of money here CG. At least in my opinion.
  • In part as you said it's about "artificial scarcity", but also about rewarding players who have been playing.

I'm sure they have run the numbers and figure this is the best method for them to make the money they want and leave a value for players who have been playing.

Many of the new characters are more specialized and more powerful, so they may want them to be behind a bit of a grind wall, rather than have someone be able to buy them and unlock them right away.

By not offering packs after they also add to the draw to buy as it is the only quick jump you can get on a toon.
  • "Ozymandias1;c-1616836" wrote:
    What if six months from now it turns out that toon sucks. You might not buy the packs now if you knew you could buy them later.

Darth Nihilus sucks?
    Hes still everywhere

Gar Saxon good? Rarely seen his discussion until range trooper arrives.

Depends on Good/suck cant be a good idea..
  • "Phoenixeon;c-1616921" wrote:
    "Ozymandias1;c-1616836" wrote:
    What if six months from now it turns out that toon sucks. You might not buy the packs now if you knew you could buy them later.

Darth Nihilus sucks?
    Hes still everywhere

Gar Saxon good? Rarely seen his discussion until range trooper arrives.

Depends on Good/suck cant be a good idea..

Didn't really understand what you're saying. You can't buy the 9.99 packs for either of them anymore.
  • What if six months from now it turns out that toon sucks. You might not buy the packs now if you knew you could buy them later.
  • It’s a marketing strategy.

Whenever I see a swgoh ad on another game, it’s an ad about something that’s already passed. So if they advertise the BB-8 event 3 days after it’s finished (Which they did do!), people interested in BB-8 start playing and work towards him. If you could get him right away, you would lose interest after achieving him. They make you stay longer this way. Kinda get what I’m saying?

I just saw an advertisement on Leap Day:

New Characters:
    The Triumvirate!

If you had joined to get Sion, and they released a pack every two weeks for him, you would buy Sion and then get bored.
  • Hey Kyno. Thanks for the response.

If the characters are so specialized and powerful, why do they release them in a pack in the first place?

I'm not talking about getting a 7*, G12+ toon.

I'm only talking about getting 30 shards and the gear to level up to G5 like any other marquee pack they release.

I still have tons to grind for Bastilla even though I bought her pack.

Ozy, that's a fair point to. Of course the opposite question also applies. How do you know the toon won't stink?

It looks like there is a good chance Bastilla might shake up the same old boring arena.

If you don't want to be purchase her to get the ealy head start, you only have yourself to blame if your behind everyone else.

I get it that some toons are more powerful, or more useful then others, and no one will ever know if Bastillas marquee pack was worth buying until later in time.

I know I'm just one person, but I would love to have a squad with Baze in it. Considering that I'm lucky to get 1 shard per refresh on his farm, I'm probably not unlocking him any time this century. There are way to many other things to address.

But spending that $9.99 or $19.99, to get 30 shards, gear, and credits to level up to G5, would go a long way towards making me much more interested in farming him.

Besides how long ago was Baze released anyways? Everyone who unlocked him at the beginning already go their benefit out of him.

They can re introduce the pack after a year or something. That maintains the value for anyone who purchased it. And getting the exact same pack that was released when they introduce a character isn't game breaking. A marquee pack is hardly over powering.
  • "terascque;c-1616914" wrote:
    Hey Kyno. Thanks for the response.

If the characters are so specialized and powerful, why do they release them in a pack in the first place?

I'm not talking about getting a 7*, G12+ toon.

I'm only talking about getting 30 shards and the gear to level up to G5 like any other marquee pack they release.

I still have tons to grind for Bastilla even though I bought her pack.

Ozy, that's a fair point to. Of course the opposite question also applies. How do you know the toon won't stink?

It looks like there is a good chance Bastilla might shake up the same old boring arena.

If you don't want to be purchase her to get the ealy head start, you only have yourself to blame if your behind everyone else.

I get it that some toons are more powerful, or more useful then others, and no one will ever know if Bastillas marquee pack was worth buying until later in time.

I know I'm just one person, but I would love to have a squad with Baze in it. Considering that I'm lucky to get 1 shard per refresh on his farm, I'm probably not unlocking him any time this century. There are way to many other things to address.

But spending that $9.99 or $19.99, to get 30 shards, gear, and credits to level up to G5, would go a long way towards making me much more interested in farming him.

Besides how long ago was Baze released anyways? Everyone who unlocked him at the beginning already go their benefit out of him.

They can re introduce the pack after a year or something. That maintains the value for anyone who purchased it. And getting the exact same pack that was released when they introduce a character isn't game breaking. A marquee pack is hardly over powering.

Why offer packs? because this is a business.

Packs offer lower spenders a way to advance their roster. the 5-330 packs are there for people who can make that work and want to get full access without the grind.

yes, this game is a grind. many of us have been here for 2+ years, and there is still a fair amount of space to grow.

I'm sure they have their reasons. I would suspect that it falls back to the hard choices we all have to make and generally speaking they do not do anything to make them easier to make.