Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Stop preloading TM in Mythic events!

The topic title speaks for itself. You had an argument (albeit a lazy one) when it was to delay the Resistance expose train on the BB-8 Mythic, what’s your excuse here? It’s not difficult, it’s just irritating.
  • "jhbuchholz;c-1401687" wrote:
    "AldaisKaroth;c-1401556" wrote:
    "jhbuchholz;c-1401400" wrote:
    I agree that the preloaded TM worked much better for the BB-8 Mythic Event. For this one it just acts as a gear check, as mentioned. What I haven't heard is a good alternative to make it challenging and fun. Someone mentioned higher tenacity for the opponent and I don't think that would work here since Rebels depend more on DPS Ryan debuffs. I do like Vader's added Daze. Maybe keep the increased speed and swap the preloaded TM for three turns off Defense Up, Critical Hit Immunity, and Potency Up?

Any suggestion is better than the preloaded TM. Yours is a valid one. I’m not terribly fond of the daze on Vader, because it’s something the player-controlled Vader has no access to. The instant cooldowns are cheap, too.

I disagree that any suggestion is better. Many would be just as mediocre. Personally, I'd rather play an event where mechanics are changed through TM loading, buffs, debuffs, and tweaked skills than one where the opponent is made 'tougher' through extra levels, gear, or higher star mods. That doesn't mean I like the same mechanics for every event (TM loading was much more effective for BB-8 than R2).

My point, however, was that there were no suggestions which means this isn't a feedback thread. It's a complaint thread. And that helps no one. Don't like something? Let CG know how it would work made better.

The tweaked skills and reduced cooldowns are not new to Mythic Events either. They've been present in most other events, like Assault Battles, and on their own would likely go unnoticed by many since they rarely have an impactful effect on the battle.

Wrong. It is feedback. And that feedback is that the TM preloading is irritating and constitutes an artificial difficulty increase. It’s not my job to propose a solution. I don’t get paid to develop games. But, I can tell devs when I think a mechanic sucks, so they can weigh opinions to decide if another approach needs to be taken. Is my opinion, on its own, worth anything? Nope. But, when it’s flanked by several similar opinions, it might carry some weight. A ton of feathers is still a ton.
  • Wedge g8, Chaze g10, r2 g12, leia g11 with good mods only on r2 and leia beat it, so no you don't need cls lol.
  • "Morpheus;c-1402037" wrote:
    Chaze helps, need that cleanse and all those dots become hots

I never leave home without Chirrut.
  • "AldaisKaroth;c-1402004" wrote:
    "jhbuchholz;c-1401687" wrote:
    "AldaisKaroth;c-1401556" wrote:
    "jhbuchholz;c-1401400" wrote:
    I agree that the preloaded TM worked much better for the BB-8 Mythic Event. For this one it just acts as a gear check, as mentioned. What I haven't heard is a good alternative to make it challenging and fun. Someone mentioned higher tenacity for the opponent and I don't think that would work here since Rebels depend more on DPS Ryan debuffs. I do like Vader's added Daze. Maybe keep the increased speed and swap the preloaded TM for three turns off Defense Up, Critical Hit Immunity, and Potency Up?

Any suggestion is better than the preloaded TM. Yours is a valid one. I’m not terribly fond of the daze on Vader, because it’s something the player-controlled Vader has no access to. The instant cooldowns are cheap, too.

I disagree that any suggestion is better. Many would be just as mediocre. Personally, I'd rather play an event where mechanics are changed through TM loading, buffs, debuffs, and tweaked skills than one where the opponent is made 'tougher' through extra levels, gear, or higher star mods. That doesn't mean I like the same mechanics for every event (TM loading was much more effective for BB-8 than R2).

My point, however, was that there were no suggestions which means this isn't a feedback thread. It's a complaint thread. And that helps no one. Don't like something? Let CG know how it would work made better.

The tweaked skills and reduced cooldowns are not new to Mythic Events either. They've been present in most other events, like Assault Battles, and on their own would likely go unnoticed by many since they rarely have an impactful effect on the battle.

Wrong. It is feedback. And that feedback is that the TM preloading is irritating and constitutes an artificial difficulty increase. It’s not my job to propose a solution. I don’t get paid to develop games. But, I can tell devs when I think a mechanic sucks, so they can weigh opinions to decide if another approach needs to be taken. Is my opinion, on its own, worth anything? Nope. But, when it’s flanked by several similar opinions, it might carry some weight. A ton of feathers is still a ton.

You're right. I should have phrased it differently. It's not very useful feedback. If there were only one other way to make the event hard feedback of, "I don't like it" let's CG know to do it the other way. There are many ways they could make the events hard. If you have no idea on how CG might do so in a way that satisfies you then it's unlikely they'll try all of the possibilities until they stumble upon one that pleases you. Give a little guidance and it's much more likely they'll make a change that you agree with.

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,322 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago