Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Thoughts on Kylo

Hi I am currently running Phasma as leader an I have a 4* Kylo at level 60, gear but he is underwhelming. I have been farming him at 4-C for a bit but just wanted to hear from players who have have him at 6 and 7*. Is he worth the farm and how does he fair at 6 and 7* in arena against top ranked teams.

Thanks
  • Hey man I have a 6 star kylo at max gear. He's pretty solid. The 5th upgrade for his outrage is 25% more damage when below 50% health. It's huge on his kit. He gets real tanky. His aoe starts to do decent damage(no where near 88 or maul). His auto attack is not great. But it does hit the heal block a lil more than half the time. And since he gets full counter after using his aoe it has a chance to proc on anyone using aoe. But really it's the outrage where his damage is at. When below 50%, poggles offense up buff is on him it will crit for a tiny bit over 11k. And that's a 1 shot for basically all the high damage characters. Since kylo is pretty tanky he can survive a round once he's below 50% health. Compared to other y star characters his power level is low. It's just a little over 3.9k where I have him. So it could bring it down if all your other guys are 6 and 7 star.

So in summary he's a hybrid character(health/damage). And his kit is legit. Counter,aoe, single target nuke. And I am slowly grinding him up to 7 stars as he has a place in my A team. He works well with sid or phasmas leadership. He's first order so he gets 32% chance to call ally assist under phasma. And the crit bonus from sid makes that outrage or any of his moves crit harder and a bit more often.

Hope this helps :)
  • Also, anyone at 6 or 7 stars will be better than just about anyone at 4 stars. It's important. So maybe there is better options in cantina farming, but he's who I choose. Pretty easy to farm too with refreshing cantina 1 or 2 times a day depending on arena rank
  • I have Kylo at 7* and max gear since yesterday, along with 7* Sid and Phasma. He is very solid, tanky, his counterattack isn't bad, he works nice vs glass cannons (and very well vs Dooku, even if he counterattack it doesn't hurt that much, and you can use it to drop him below 50% faster which makes him reaaaally dangerous and quite scary, his cooldown refresh is awesome, think that below 50% he is still around 6k life which is still good and hits like a truck). He is not game changer, he is not op, but very good. Autoattack is OK. Yet until I got him till 5 or 6* I was thinking the same, that he was under performing. Now he is not ^^
  • Really liking kylo. With stars and gear it is possible to let him drop under 50 percent and then do terrific damage.

High retaliation and cool down resets can be game changers but there are certainly better toons out there.

For a F2P or low spender, he is one of the better options available in my opinion, and fairly easy to acquire if you focus cantina energy. The other two other good options are luke and GS. Kylo wins for me on fashion factor. Lightsabres are cool.
  • 6 stars, purple, he's very good with my Phasma. After he's 7, I'll farm my 2 star GS. Neglected GS because he was so bad but it seems he's a heavy hitter once he's levelled up.
  • Well i just hit 7 stars with my kylo yesterday. I am level 63. He is an all around character. has health, mid way damage. and when below 50%, outrage will HURT. You gotta get outrage to lvl5 and up. it gets to 75% bonus damage when below half health. With offense up, i have seen kylos outrage crit for 11.5k. That is a 1 shot on many high damage carries/healers. i run a poggle team. With offense up kylos aoe is decent, but sid hits harder and 88 hits way harder. But both those guys have way less health. So thats my take on it. And yes he can survive a round at half health unless he takes a hard shot from some of those real strong single target nukers(leia,QGJ,FOTP,etc). haha once... ONCE.. i have seen leia tripple tap my kylo is 1 turn. kylo did live and killed her in those 3 counter hits. it was beautiful :D