Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Thrawn Arena

Has anyone came up with a good team with Thrawn in it that can hold itself on defense overnight?

I have tried Gk L + Thrawn + Chaze + Nihilus (sucks)
Now Im running Vader L + SA + GK + Nihilus + Thrawn (seems awesome on offense but it sucks on defense)
  • "Karek77;d-117793" wrote:
    Has anyone came up with a good team with Thrawn in it that can hold itself on defense overnight?

Now Im running Vader L + SA + GK + Nihilus + Thrawn (seems awesome on offense but it sucks on defense)

Tarkin holds best on D I've found. Probably because it makes the RNG and AI very vanilla. You know exactly what you get with him.

Best squad I've found is Tarkin Thrawn DT DN Gk. A whale on my shard is running Thrawn lead and it absolutely ruins any squad that has a zeta DN but can be easily beat by a faster Thrawn or squad without zDN

• "Olddumper;c-1143699" wrote:
    "Karek77;d-117793" wrote:

Tarkin holds best on D I've found. Probably because it makes the RNG and AI very vanilla. You know exactly what you get with him.

Best squad I've found is Tarkin Thrawn DT DN Gk. A whale on my shard is running Thrawn lead and it absolutely ruins any squad that has a zeta DN but can be easily beat by a faster Thrawn or squad without zDN

Do you have first turn every battle?
  • "Boo;c-1143728" wrote:
    Thrawn is a game changer at the moment that is for sure.

I haven't come up against him in pvp but could not finish gw node 12 today - with oritection coming back it was Thrawn and DN left standing and wiped out all my teams - even my sith team with Zader lead.

Can you recollect other members of that team?

• "Boo;c-1143728" wrote:
    Thrawn is a game changer at the moment that is for sure.

I haven't come up against him in pvp but could not finish gw node 12 today - with oritection coming back it was Thrawn and DN left standing and wiped out all my teams - even my sith team with Zader lead.

Can you tell us the other members of that team?

• Empire pass - yes. Well empire did improve. It is viable in arena now. I beat every team on offense - yes generally no big deal but it definitely was a big deal before the pass! Thrawn made it even better offering a huge bunch of tactical options in a fight - especially when run as leader.
    So if u just look at the empire : Yes ! Empire has been improved significantly.
    But (here we go) it's not just empire in arena ( and for a lot of players this is a main focus).
    Relativly "easy" teams consisting of wiggs, Rex, r2, gk, dn , chaze ( as long as 2 -of these are in the squad ) are as successful on offense and maybe even better on defense. There are several reasons for it. The typical light side squad (with maybe a dn in) don't need top mods to succeed , the ai plays those toons better because they are far less complex. The probability of doing smth wrong in terms of modding or playstyl is also low. I could elaborate more on this but bearing in mind that there are countless threads about this specific topic - i think all is said.

So back to the main topic:
    1. empire got stronger and viable.
    2. Empire is fun (personal opinion though) cause u really can play tactical! I love that- thx for that Devs!
    3. In relation to light side squads empire is frustrating weak. There is definitely an imbalance.

Fun and frustration are so close.... :-)

• "Sektor;c-1143928" wrote:
    Empire pass - yes. Well empire did improve. It is viable in arena now. I beat every team on offense - yes generally no big deal but it definitely was a big deal before the pass! Thrawn made it even better offering a huge bunch of tactical options in a fight - especially when run as leader.
    So if u just look at the empire : Yes ! Empire has been improved significantly.
    But (here we go) it's not just empire in arena ( and for a lot of players this is a main focus).
    Relativly "easy" teams consisting of wiggs, Rex, r2, gk, dn , chaze ( as long as 2 -of these are in the squad ) are as successful on offense and maybe even better on defense. There are several reasons for it. The typical light side squad (with maybe a dn in) don't need top mods to succeed , the ai plays those toons better because they are far less complex. The probability of doing smth wrong in terms of modding or playstyl is also low. I could elaborate more on this but bearing in mind that there are countless threads about this specific topic - i think all is said.

So back to the main topic:
    1. empire got stronger and viable.
    2. Empire is fun (personal opinion though) cause u really can play tactical! I love that- thx for that Devs!
    3. In relation to light side squads empire is frustrating weak. There is definitely an imbalance.

Fun and frustration are so close.... :-)

That is why it would be awesome if we could set a Defense Squad apart of your offense. You wouldnt have to worry about to much about what you leave on arena and you could just have fun on offense
  • A buddy of mine in my shard (day one shard) cashes at number one every day and typically doesn't drop much in the rankings. In the past week I have yet to see him drop below 15. He runs the following:

DN - Leader
    Sith Trooper
    Sith Assassin
    GK
    Thawn

All are 7* G11 with the exception of Thawn who is 6* G9. Thawn has zeta on unique. It also doesn't hurt that DN is modded to 220 speed and SA at 266 speed.

Regardless, this team is scary. Still beatable with some good RNG but I have yet to see a better team with Thrawn.