Forum Discussion

4 years ago

TW matchmaking

The last I saw on this, CG never acknowledged it's an issue. They didn't think there was an advantage to only joining with 40 players. After getting heavily sandbagged three TW in a row, I thought I'd see if we can make any progress.

All of the guild who sandbagged us are top, competitive guilds. We just passed 300M GP and are getting matched with 340M GP guilds. I searched the DSR bot for the name of our most recent opponent and they always join with 40 players, dating back to last year. So the usual excuses of, "we had players out of town," or "we don't make players join if they don't want to" don't apply. It's an intentional strategy to get an easier opponent.

The result in our case is they match 40 players with an average GP of 7.7M with 50 players averaging 6M GP. As a result, they have a 120-70 GL advantage. And all of their teams are high relic. There's no possible strategy to win in that scenario.

It's not like it's a difficult problem to fix. Simply add average active GP to matchmaking and sandbaggers will be equally matched with other sandbaggers. And they'll quit making 10 players sit out every TW.

About SWGOH General Discussion

Discuss and share your feedback on Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes with fellow players.77,269 PostsLatest Activity: 20 minutes ago