Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Veteran Han Solo and Veteran Chewie should be Resistance. Pffttt

I mean, c'mon.

He is as has always been a smuggler, but promptly joins in the resistance as he gets back the MF as he helps Rey deliver BB-8 back to the Resistance, touches base with old love and (ex) wife Leia, and goes on on a mission to destroy Starkiller base, which he totally did not need to.

IMO the lore totally qualifies him and old pal Chewie to be tagged as Resistance.
  • I can understand Chewie recieving a tag later down the line, but it makes no sense for Han to recieve the tag. He did 1 mission which involved smuggling for them and he sacrificed himself to kylo, thats it.

Old Ben I find it a little hard to be a rebel too, but just because 1 toon has been generous with tags doesnt mean they all should. He also heled the rebel alliance through luke and thats his connection to the rebels. Han has nothing. He was married to Leia but outside of what happened int he force awakens has no impact at all. And even in the movie his main interaction was with Finn (who at the time isnt really reisstance even if he will be at a later date)
  • "Durmir;c-1339456" wrote:
    They never, ever joined the resistance.

Uh, yes they did. Just as official as them joining the rebellion.

They fought for/with the Resistance against the First Order. They helped Rey and BB8 and Finn.

So yeah, they did join without saying “hey can I be a part of your group?”
  • Not all characters need to have the best synergy with one of the possible faction leaders. zFinn is great alright, but just look at how many Jedi or rebels we have for instance.

Consistency with lore is enough to justify adding the tag to them.

Maybe zFinn is not the best leader for them, right now, but that's OK.
    We should have more resistance characters rolling in, in less than a month and there might be a Resistance Leader with a skill that sinergizes with them better.

• "Just as official as them joining the rebellion."

Not really, they spent years fighting for the rebellion. Whilst they wouldnt be a part of it in A new hope, time and time again they fight for it. And thus the idea they didnt somehow join the rebellion holds little weight