Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Weekly dev/news report #3 (5/11)

You know the drill, I'll cover everything that happened this week. Some people requested that I add official announcements too, so I decided to divide the report in 3 parts: Official Announcements, Dev comments and rumors.
Hope you enjoy the new layout!

Anything that is underlined is an hypertext link, so click away!

Previous’ week report is available . Fortunately, it is a recurring event, which means everyone will be able to get them someday (there already were 2 occurrences of the event. This event also saw the debut of a major character, . An Imperial Crate vs spooky table blockbuster is rumored to be in the work.

DEV COMMENTS

- Capgasp commented on Reddit that there is no change or re-balanced planned for the Thrawn event. So brush up your best RNG skills and get ready to face the odds from the 23rd to the 29th! Video

- Hiddenspring84 (Client Engineer), confirmed that the weird MOD glitch that makes them appear on the background when you SIM them will be fixed in the next client update (reminder: client updates are the ones you need to download on the App Store/GP Store, these changes can’t be pushed like other updates.) No ETA is available yet. Link. FYI, buff/debuff stacking will also be a part of the next client update.

- Capgasp gave some insights on the sub-80 rules for the Ghosts of Dathomir event. If you are below level 80, the rules are a bit different for you. Link

- Kozi made some comments regarding the Officer TB Tools on the Forum, and specifically why they decided to lock territories at 3*, and not leave us the choice to lock them however we see fit. If you’re always late for P1, be ready to see your contribution lowered! Link

- Kozi confirmed on a thread complaining about drop rates that no, the drop rates were not changed. Link. Incidentally, I recently made a video that summarizes all the data we have on Shard/Gear drop rates, including many empirical studies. I find these studies to be very interesting, since they prove that the general consensus that drop rates or RNG are skewed in the game is wrong. If you’re interested, you can check it here: Link

RUMORS

- With Rey’s Hero’s Journey coming, speculations have been made concerning the requirements. My personal recommendations are: Farm your FO to 7* G8 for the BB8 event, then get Rey, Finn, Poe and BB8 to 7* G8 too. Gear your Veteran Smugglers to G8, but don’t buy expensive shards for them just yet. If you haven’t already, start farming the Falcon with 1 refresh a day. Just in case, and it’s a really good ship anyway. HOARD AS MUCH AS YOU CAN: All currencies, as well as crystals. Jedi Rey could be meta-defining as CLS was, and you don’t want to be left behind. Trust me.

- The “old foe” still hasn’t shown their face. Suspense, suspense.

- Will Luke’s Hero’s Journey take place in November? No one can tell. I would highly recommend, however, to be ready in case it does. If you can squeeze in all the essential farms for CLS between your Jedi Rey farms, do it!

Aaaaaaand that’s it for this week! As usual, don’t hesitate to tell me if I made a mistake or missed anything, and I’ll edit the main post.

Good luck on the holo-table!