Forum Discussion

3 years ago

3v3 and omis

Is starkiller in trouble in 3v3 GAC? Zam too?
  • Do we really need to keep 3v3? How many players prefer or like it? We are working hard to develop and settle down in this new ranking system and it's putting us all in our correct spots. If we go back to 3v3 that's all going to be messed up, it'll rejiggle the rankings. Then we go back to 5v5 it'll upset the rankings again.....

I see very few positives of even considering bringing it back. It's always had less sign ups, hasn't it?
  • I like 3v3 as do plenty of others who chime in every time the idea of dropping it comes up.

And if you think this ranking system is ever going to "settle" then I'm afraid you are going to be rather disappointed, 3v3 or no. The system is designed to create churn. Every match every player either moves up or down - churn.
  • I like 3v3. My only issue with it before was that we got it too frequently. A 50/50 split was too much. If they do 75/25 or 66/34, I'd be happy.

The biggest issue is that we only have the two modes. Need more modes or maps to keep it fresh.
  • For Starkiller, the dev insights mentioned they had plans to implement something to make him work in 3v3, but they have not announced what yet.

Zam will be a bit less effective, but still work just fine. I doubt they will change anything for her since there is precedent with toon-based abilities being less effective in 3v3 (JKR lead, for example).

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago