Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Aayla Secura or Sun Fac?

Hi fellow players,

In arena, I run my clone synergy with :

Rex (L) 7*, Echo (7*), 5's (5* but slowly 7), Rey (6*), Phasma (7*).
(Looks like Mathematics sorry).

During nights, I go down too much (on offense I smash the IA *give me a medal), so I would like to change Phasma (or maybe another?) for Aayla or Sun Fac with your advices.

As for now, I really really love my clone synergy and don't think that I should change that.

Thanks guys for your advices !:smile:
  • If you want ranks, you need to give up Echo for Sun Fac. Phasma and Rey needs to stay. Aayla should be benched.
  • I'm in a similar place to you. I loved my 5 droid squad for a long time but anti-droid squads are everywhere now. So, after several lucky full character drops I found myself with a 7* 'Fun Sac' (love that). Although it pained me, I benched GG for him... and he's proven to be a real asset in the Arena. I used to 30-50 places on defence but that's down to only about 10 now. He has a huge benefit against the pigs taunts in Raids too.

I still haven't got my Aayla up to speed and I bet she'd sit very well in your clones thanks to her basic assists. But for me, Fun Sac has a lot more utility.
  • "Sysy;474977" wrote:
    If you want ranks, you need to give up Echo for Sun Fac. Phasma and Rey needs to stay. Aayla should be benched.

I run all 4 clones +RG on a November shard and have finished top 10 every day for 2 weeks, including #1 3x
  • "Poxx;475755" wrote:
    "Sysy;474977" wrote:
    If you want ranks, you need to give up Echo for Sun Fac. Phasma and Rey needs to stay. Aayla should be benched.

I run all 4 clones +RG on a November shard and have finished top 10 every day for 2 weeks, including #1 3x

I am top 5 during payout in the global soft launch shard and I can tell you Sun Fac is way stronger than Echo defensively. Everyone with a meta squad can land in top 10 during payout, the trick is not to fall into 40-60s before you begin your arena. Most of the time Rex is the only clone needed.
  • apples and oranges my friend, depends your build. they aren't even remotely similar in nature. For your arena team you should have st han instead of cp
  • I think something was lost in transaltion there. In the UK, 'apples and oranges' basically means two things that are totally different. I think he was just trying to say that you should consider what you need in your team. Once you can answer that question, then the question of which of those two toons you should go for will be answered for you, as they're they both perform entirely differently.
  • In that case, you completely missed his point, I feel. He didn't quantify his advice with his own success in the arena. He addressed you as 'friend' and took the time to offer some impartial advice, freely. Whether or not you take this advice doesn't matter. At the very least, there's nothing to lose by considering it.

I guess I just think that shooting a guy down, that's come here with no other intention than to help, is a bit of an ungrateful thing to do. I know this game well enough to recognise bad advice when I see it but when someone gives it to me, I'll usually end up giving THEM some pointers on why their suggestion may not be optimum. What I won't do, is berate them.
  • I run:
    Rex XI
    Echo X
    Fives IX
    Sun Fac VIII
    Leia IX

Sun Fac neutralises taunters and is key on defence against meta. I've tried running B2 in its place and it works very well but I believe it still needs the omegas on its special / passive at my arena level. Leia rather than Rey is your key on defence IMHO, as people will simply take Rey out immediately removing your DPS. Leia with an omega on rebel tactics get perm stealth and sits behind Fives and Sun Fac very nicely indeed unless the opponent has an AoE debuff.

Omegas on Echo help refresh clone health, double for Echo and others on a Fives assist.

Keeps me in my shards top 5 overnight.

• Well, after reading all your advices, I've built a new Team instead of Rex/echo/5's/Rey/Phasma. Basically, the opinions about Sun Fac and Aayla are divided. However, I got to the point that I simply don't like to play Sun Fac. Beast on the paper, nothing in arena ! Thus, I want to try this team : Rex (Lead), 5's, Echo, Aayla, and Leia. Leia will proc her Critics Up so Ayla can stun easier. Would love to get some feedback, thanks !

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 5 years ago