Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Ackbar challenge

Hello everyone I'm just curious about what ships everyone is using to beat this challenge and also the gear levels of the characters and star count on ships being used all help would be appreciated I'm currently using biggs 7☆g11, wedge 7☆g10, ashoka 5☆g7, umbarian 5☆g8, clone sgt. 5☆g8, with ghost, jedi starfighter, phantom all at 6☆g9
  • I have 7 Star lvl 85 Biggs wedge cassian Jedi consular ahsoka phantom and ghost and 6 star falcon and bistan. I die every time with them still having 5. I don’t get it. I try the kill orders and try to wait for good rng but I get demolish every time. Well over a 100 tried and I don’t ever get close. It’s ridiculous.
  • Well i just beat it with the same squad but i stuck cassiuns u wing in instead of clone sgt. and then switched out ghost in reinforcements for clone sgt. and must have got some good rng but just barely finished with only jedi starfighter, phantom, clone sgt.
  • This is, singlehandedly, the most frustrating challenge in the game. I hit a round 400 attempts today and I can scarcely kill two ships before getting crushed. I'm running (all pilots 7* with 5° mods):

Bistan's U-Wing 5* - Bistan/SRP G8
    Cassian's U-Wing 7* - Cassian/K2SO G8, Jyn G10
    Phantom 5* - Sabine/Ezra/Chopper G9
    Ghost 6* - Hera G10, Kanan/Zeb G9
    Biggs' X-Wing 7* - Biggs G11
    Wedge's X-Wing 7* - Wedge G12
    Ahsoka's Starfighter 7* - AT G8
    JC Starfighter 7* - JC G8

I had zero problems with the Executrix and Endurance challenges, but this one has me ready to just pack it in.
  • I used mostly all 7* ships: Wedge, Biggs, Phantom/Ghost, Bistan's U-Wing. With Jedi Consular, Resistance and Poe's ships as reinforcements. I have no actual kill order advice because I literally played it with targeted auto and played for nearly 2 hours straight.
  • I just beat this one. Man been trying for a while and it was probably good RNG since Mace only reinforced two or three times.

Front lineup was

7* Jedi Consular - G8 - abilities maxed. Five dot mods (varying levels)

7* Ahsoka - G10 - abilities maxed w/ five dot mods (varying levels)

7* Biggs - G9 - missing one Omega w/ five dot mods (varying levels)

7* Wedge - G8 - abilities maxed w/ five dot mods (varying levels)

7* Ghost -

G11 Hera abilities maxed w/Zeta and level 15 5 dot mods

Kannan G8 abilities maxed except Zeta and five dot mods of varying levels.

Reserves

6* Resistance X-Wing (pilot at 7*) G10 with abilities maxed and five dot mods of varying levels.

6* Phantom II -

Ezra G11 w/Zeta - maxed abilities - five dot level 15 mods.

Sabine is G8 maxed abilities and no zeta. Five dot level 15 mods

Chopper G10 maxed abilities. Five dot level 15 mods.

7* Clone Sergeant ARC-170 - Clone Sergeant was G8 with no omegas (two abilities are only at level six) and Five dot low level mods.

I took out Rex first, then Ahsoka, then Consular, and finally the reinforced ships (all ARC-170's). Got it after third attempt today. Probably the hundred or so attempt in total. Hard challenge is hard.
  • It took me hundreds of attempts with the above squad and just got lucky i took out rex first then ashoka then a taunted clone sgt. then the 2 jedi starfighters and then the last 3 clone sgt's
  • Its been a while but I can remember its very very frustrating. The 6* version is way easier, FYI.

You have to kill Rex first, for certain. I think I did it on auto but manually targetted Rex first. I just remember I was about to give up on it and just happened to beat it on auto.