Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Ackbar Lead??

I was really excited about the Ackbar lead, so I leveled him to G11 and stuck him in charge of zCLS, zzR2D2, zHan, and Old Ben (I replaced zBarriss with him and made him the leader, taking it away from Cmdr Luke).

I fell in Arena instantly and horribly.

I've tried various iterations (leave zBarriss in, take out Old Ben or zzR2; throw Leia in the mix) but nothing works.

My question is: am I getting attacked with Ackbar lead because he's still purple-geared and people perceive him as weaker? And THAT'S why his leadership doesn't seem effective? Or is his leadership totally ineffective? I feel like I've seen people at the top of my shard with an Ackbar lead (not many, true, but some). I don't have Hermit Yoda and my GK isn't geared up enough yet, so that might be it?

As soon as I return to CLS (L), Han, R2, Barris, Old Ben, I shoot back up into the double digits easily. It's discouraging me from working so hard on this Ackbar lead idea. What's the word, people? Is there any way to make it work? It *feels* smoother and more useful... I love all the extra attacks and how it doesn't feel like a wasted turn to have Han buff us or Ben to taunt... but the proof is in the pudding and it's Loser Pudding for the moment.

thanks for your input!
SamUX

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 2 months ago