Forum Discussion

Shadowscream77
New Spectator
7 years ago

Bastila farming - most efficient use of crystals

So...with 2 accessible nodes sitting at 8/day
Is it best to use 1 (or 2?) hard node refreshes while they are half cost?
Im guessing that 24 attempts at her hard node and 8 at her fleet node is cheaper and a better return than buying her shards in the store with crystals?? I could be wrong!
  • Yes, a straight node farm is cheaper. Assume a 30% drop rate

24 hard nodes x 30% drop rate = 8 shards. (cost of 75 crystals)
    24 hard nodes x 16 energy = 384 energy (240 accumulated + 135 free = 375 -> 1 refresh required, cost of 50 crystals)
    8 ship hard nodes X 30% drop rate = 2 shards (free)

10 shards per day for 125 crystals = 12.5 crystals per shard. Much cheaper than 80. As with all things in this game, you pay for speed.
  • You are correct. 24 hard node attempts will cost you 75 crystals, plus 50 crystals in energy. You should get 8 shards from that, so about 16 crystals per shard. Buying from shipments costs 80 crystals per shard. It was a better deal to refresh before the discounted refreshes, and a much better deal now.
  • But there is always RNG poking fun at you. Went two full refreshes and a full ship node run with max energy - Zero shards yesterday. Repeat today - Zero shards!

I know it works out in the long run but come on!
    thedrjojo
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "ASD_Dad;c-1643930" wrote:
    But there is always RNG poking fun at you. Went two full refreshes and a full ship node run with max energy - Zero shards yesterday. Repeat today - Zero shards!

I know it works out in the long run but come on!

Where as I was 4/4 on the hard node (used my 50 crystal refreshes on sion, nihilus, and talzin, will use free energy on bastila but not refresh her node... Will probably go 0/4 on the second half)
  • is the drop rate on Bastila really 30%?

I know that is the general assumption for most things, but i never experienced 30% for the vets. I applaud that CG is posting odds for the new packs - it is very cool. But, I'm still not trusting the shard drop rates.