Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Best AOE teams

Now that we know that AOEs will be important sometime in the near future (see dev comment in link below), I thought it would be useful to start a discussion about the best AOEs and how to use them.

IMO Lando has the best AOE, followed closely by 88. Lando needs AA to excel, and 88 needs droid support, or a heavy negative effect status team.

What are your favorite AOE toons & how do you use them?

https://m.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4phcg0/psa_useful_characters_in_the_near_future/
  • The best AOE team would probably consist of IG88 (omega lead), lando, Vader (6* to be effective), RG, then a choice of big dps, support, or another tank. These would include rey, GS, QGJ (although taunt removal won't be needed with AOEs), Poggle, phasma, STHan.
  • "Dooku_for_days;498307" wrote:
    The best AOE team would probably consist of IG88 (omega lead), lando, Vader (6* to be effective), RG, then a choice of big dps, support, or another tank. These would include rey, GS, QGJ (although taunt removal won't be needed with AOEs), Poggle, phasma, STHan.

Any ideas on why he said AOE will become useful? Think it will be an event or a general buff?

• 88 lead causes DoT for each crit and can do abilty block and defence down
    Vader to add more debuffs and his culling blade to get insane numbers
    Tusken shaman (if you can get him) can do DoTs with his basic and his heal is more effective for each enemy suffering a negative effect
    Phasma can do speed down and can give advantage to help counter the often low damage of AoEs
    lando's if it gets two crits will reset the cooldown and do more damage next time
    B2 (again if you can get him) can dispel all positive effects, inflict buff immunity and with his unique will be going fairly often
    And the last one I can think of is HK since if his grenade is omega'd will have a 25% (50 Against Jedi) each to do 5 different debuffs

So basically if your F2P 88 lead, Vader, HK, phasma, and lando. If you have them I'd probably swap lando out for B2 and HK or shaman
  • "awbattles;498647" wrote:
    For sheer synergy and whatnot, a standard droid team has very nice AoE. HK leader, IG88, IG100, GG, and JE for the speed? First wave of AoE hits pretty hard all around, with an extra turn for each from the HK ability. With JE speed boost and HK leader, there's a good chance you'll get to use another round of the AoE's too (except for maybe IG88 who will have died from tripping over his own shoelaces).

That is probably the best AOE team with synergy that I can think of. If only Lando fit in there somehow.
  • Lol, it's also interesting that all of us have forgotten Bobba Fett up to this point. The crit lead might help AOE teams, though he's kind of worthless. I hope he's the next to get a rework after anakin
  • AoE is important as is so I imagine it is an event.

Wedge AoE is strongest single hit while lando is quick reuse. Without AA lando is still a monster.

88 omega is double mean due to DoT and debuff.

Moff T does turnmeter and debuff

Haven't used HK

Jawa stuns droids on debuff

Many troopers AoE and clone sergeant but nothing spectacular

Phasma is poor damage for 90 percent chance speed down.....which I still fail to see speed down working as intended

B2 is slower than 88 which makes him meh

• I run droids and with HK lead, I rely on AoE not just to grind the enemy down but to increase my speed. @awbattles has the right idea. With HK lead whenever I land an AoE (which GG, 88, HK, 100 and B2 all have) I'm pretty much guaranteed a second shot. I've listed the sequence I get when I swap out B2 for JE on another droid thread, but it basically means I can get up to 9 attacks before the other team gets their first.

I'd argue there is no better AoE synergy in any other combination.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 16 hours ago