Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Best Empire/Thrawn team

After slaving away to get a six star Thrawn, I'm just getting to gear him up now but I'm unsure as to what is the best set up for him, as well as mods.
I'm currently running Jedi in arena and am just about cracking the top 20 on somedays, so I'm looking for something that can boost me those few extra places.
https://swgoh.gg/u/spursmacca95/
If anyone could give me an insight into what I need to work on and use around Thrawn, it would be much appreciated!
  • If you have a well modded Empire team, something like Tarkin (zeta lead if you want the exposes), Thrawn (zeta his unique in this case if you don't plan on running his lead), DT, Shore and either TFP or DN would be fun. I used that in arena for some tests and they did well.
  • Tarkin Lead, DT, Krennic, EP and Thrawn is the best PURE Empire Comp I've used... Against QGJ Leads, Use Tarkin's Second into DT Dispel AOE then steamroll... Against Wedge Lead, Sub in ShoreTrooper for EP to survive that initial Rebel Onslaught then steamroll... Rex, Kenobi and DN Leads are easily defeated as well with this turn Order.... Zaul Leads with Speedy Sassy and Tanky BucketHead do give it problems... but Thankfulky they are few and far between in my top 20 (OG Nov 2015 PvP Ladder)... Happy hunting mates!
  • "Grandmarichie;c-1159953" wrote:
    Death Trooper, Shoretrooper are to very important pieces. Vader still good with him. Krennic and Tarkin also excellent. Darth Nihulus as well. Stormtrooper very good. TFP very good. Boba and RG as well.

i subbed in stormtrooper for kenobi just to have a pure empire team, i'm not dissapointed at all with stormtroopers performance. Kenobi is probably still better, but on offence i'm liking stormtrooper alot and that kinda suprised me.