Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Best Mods for General Veers & Grand Moff Tarkin

After taking a few days for RL, I finished up the Best Mods for General Veers piece last night. At the request of a Guild member I am working on Tarkin today and plan to complete all Empire toons before the May 4 event.

> SWGoH: Best Mods for General Veers
  • "Ruivussan;c-1148165" wrote:
    I got from 1-10 in GW today with Tarkin lead, Shoretrooper, DeathTrooper, Royal Guard and Tie Fighter Pilot. None are maxed. It was a little unbelievable. With stars from 3-6. Mostly 85 level. Only Guard was 81.

Nice! Will have to try that one out!

• As this is the imperial troopers discussion - what do you guys think of Stormtrooper vs. Magmatrooper?

At the moment I run Veers (L), Shore, DT, Snow and Magma but I see Stormtrooper more often. I have a strong tank in Shore already so not convinced Stormy is the better option.
  • "nevertellmetheodds;c-1172987" wrote:
    As this is the imperial troopers discussion - what do you guys think of Stormtrooper vs. Magmatrooper?

At the moment I run Veers (L), Shore, DT, Snow and Magma but I see Stormtrooper more often. I have a strong tank in Shore already so not convinced Stormy is the better option.

What does Magma give you? He has TMR on his AOE but so does Storm when he is taunting.

I would take 30% defense and defense up from Storm over 30% tenacity from Magma any day.

Dunno though, I only have Magma at 6* G7
  • "Gaidal_Cain;c-1173002" wrote:
    "nevertellmetheodds;c-1172987" wrote:
    As this is the imperial troopers discussion - what do you guys think of Stormtrooper vs. Magmatrooper?

What does Magma give you? He has TMR on his AOE but so does Storm when he is taunting.

I would take 30% defense and defense up from Storm over 30% tenacity from Magma any day.

You make a strong point. Tenacity is useful, but situational. Defense is always useful. Dammit, now I need to level and gear my Stormtrooper. ;)
  • lol, he's kind of a pain to gear. I will have him at G9 in the next day or two.

I'm almost halfway to my next Zeta which will go on Veers.

Building for a HAAT Trooper squad. It does okay right now (less than 1 million damage for P3 or P4). I am hoping the extra gear on storm and especially the Zeta will push it over the 1 million mark :)
  • "Gaidal_Cain;c-1173002" wrote:
    "nevertellmetheodds;c-1172987" wrote:

StormT is much better than Magma. His basic lands an expose when he doesn't crit or is evaded, it's really useful. Having 2 tanks really helps in a lot of situation, especially when you fight a DN that can dispell on his basic. For me he's a mix of an attacker and a tank. His defense bonus is really good and he can crit for more than 15k with Veers lead.
    I plan to use Thrawn(L) and the troopers for arena. I already use them in GW and it's one of the funniest team I've played.

"Gaidal_Cain;c-1173635" wrote:
    lol, he's kind of a pain to gear. I will have him at G9 in the next day or two.

I'm almost halfway to my next Zeta which will go on Veers.

Building for a HAAT Trooper squad. It does okay right now (less than 1 million damage for P3 or P4). I am hoping the extra gear on storm and especially the Zeta will push it over the 1 million mark :)

I'm playing zVeers, SnowT, StormT, DT and Tarkin in P2 (only gr 10 for now) and can do 1M for now. Once the first turret is down, the mix between expose and deathmark is great, combined to the CD refresh of SnowT.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,718 PostsLatest Activity: 11 hours ago