Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Capital ships?

I have Thrawn and a 6* version of the Chimera. Thrawn is low purple gear, the ship is level 1.

My other caps are 6*/G11 Windu/Ackbar, 5*/R5 Hux, and I’ll have 4*/G11 Kenobi shortly. No progress at all on Malevolence.

Long term, should I expect to use the Chimera and the Executrix, or only one or the other? Mostly just looking at my sluggish income of cap ship upgrade materials and trying to prioritize.

I do plan on getting the Executor sooner rather than later, but it won’t be soon.

Ships are here:

https://swgoh.gg/p/488252191/ships/
  • Executrix is somewhat faction-bound to Empire though Geos also work pretty well with it in early fleet.

Chimaera is the most faction-agnostic capital ship, capable of functioning with a variety of fighter compliments though not as well as a faction-coherent fleet.

Executrix.can be run with minimal ability upgrades - only the crew ability is absolutely required to max out.

Chimaera requires upgrades to three or four abilities to function well.

Executrix requires its commander to be upgraded to at least g11 to upgrade the crew ability.

Chimaera does not.

Thrawn is by far the better of the two characters to upgrade.
  • "Rath_Tarr;c-2379100" wrote:
    Executrix is somewhat faction-bound to Empire though Geos also work pretty well with it in early fleet.

Chimaera is the most faction-agnostic capital ship, capable of functioning with a variety of fighter compliments though not as well as a faction-coherent fleet.

Executrix.can be run with minimal ability upgrades - only the crew ability is absolutely required to max out.

Chimaera requires upgrades to three or four abilities to function well.

Executrix requires its commander to be upgraded to at least g11 to upgrade the crew ability.

Chimaera does not.

Thrawn is by far the better of the two characters to upgrade.

I will also add to this by saying that Tarkin is only good as a GL pre-req. Thrawn is not only a pre-req, but also just good.

I think Chimaera has one of the best ultimates of any ship besides the Executor.
  • That is a seriously unbalanced roster.

Finalizer is your most viable capital ship for the time being but while it is good on offense it wont do so well on defense.

Looks like your guild is doing DS Geo TB so you should be putting all of that GET2 currency into your next capital ship. Malevolence is viable offensively at 5 stars even with modestly geared Geos but you will need Hyena bomber starred up as much as possible and again it is not so good on defense.

Those are the two fleets I would focus on. The good news is that you are not going to need to invest much gear in those pilots to get the fleets up and running.
  • This doesn’t answer my question - Chimera, Executrix, or both?

If Executrix is useless end-game and Chimera is good, it’s easy to make that switch now.

As explained, my GET2 is going to Negotiator, so Malevolence is a non-goal at the moment.