Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Cassian u wing in arena viability

So I got this ship to 7* but the crew isn't that high of a level yet. I was wondering if it was worth it to raise these characters up for the ship alone. Yes I know I need these guys for tb, yes I know jyn is great, I just have other projects I would like to work on first.
  • The ship is a bit on the slow side, but has a great kit, I use it in arena, but it won’t be in my lineup when I get chimaera, it’s not a ship that is a must, so I would say continue doing what you are doing, and leave this for later. Hope that helps a bit.
  • Its slowness is its problem. By the time it goes, all the defending team has already fired away, making killing Biggs already so the non resistable target lock might come too late. But I've heard great things about this ship and seen some strong fleet teams using it. So far I fail a bit to understand why, a bit like Bistan's U wing.
  • They feature in my arena team.

I currently run home One with Vader, Schimitar, Jedi consular, Biggs and Wedge as my start with Ahsoka, Cassian and Ghost as backups.

to be fair it is handy to have come out when Biggs (or someone else) dies as dragging an assist with 20% crit damage on a loaded Wedge is great, plus the extra protection on them for providing the assist.

i normally sit top 20 and have all pilots at 7* with minimum of gear 8 plus Zeta's where possible.
  • It's one of my favorite ships to bring off the bench for a reinf - speed then not an issue. The targeted assist +20% CD with no damage penalty off the bench is money. Then it can put a wounded / key ally in stealth with a cleanse and give that protection ... also has a TM removal + TL + Ten down skill as a special...so 3 really great specials. Then it also has a team unique of 25%critical avoidance from enemies that are TL'd. I will often manually bring this ship off the bench before I bring in Scimitar. I think it's an elite ship, but just not good as a starter.