Forum Discussion

9 years ago

continue farming Qui Gonn Jin or start Poe?

Hi everyone,

I am currently running the following squad through PVP (and GW / holotable missions):

- Sidius, 6*, gear 7, lvl58 (leader in PVP)
- Luminara, 6*, gear 7, lvl58 (leader in GW)
- GS, 5*, gear 6, lvl58
- Qui-Gonn Jin, 4*, gear 6, lvl58
- Dooku, 4*, gear6, lvl58
I also have JC, Chewie, Phasma, Luke, all 4* gear6 lvl58

I am wondering if I should:
- continue farming QGJ via cantina shipment up to 6* or even 7* (and then go for Poe)
- stop farming QGJ and start farming Poe up to 6* or even 7* (and then come back to QGJ)
- farm both

Is Poe good enough to use is taunt + expose in PVP at 3/4*?
Does QGJ becomes way stronger at 6*?

N.B.: I love QGJ "call an ally" ability (with +50% dmg)

Thanks
  • Poe needs to be gear 8 +1 piece of gear to live up to his true potential. He could be viable in arena at 4* assuming you have his gear that high. I don't know if I would play him at 3* though. I'm in the opposite position where my QGJ is 2* and my Poe is 4* just to give you some context.
  • Gear Poe and level Qui Gon, he is insane. He will Poggle buff your team off his third ability on Poe and just wreck everyone. Poe just needs his gear for taunt, then your FOTP, Rey, GS, Leia whatever will clean house.
  • "Ivan_Drago;100894" wrote:
    "Jedisplice;100747" wrote:
    Gear Poe and level Qui Gon, he is insane. He will Poggle buff your team off his third ability on Poe and just wreck everyone. Poe just needs his gear for taunt, then your FOTP, Rey, GS, Leia whatever will clean house.

FOTP, Leia and Rey are mostly at disposal of big cash spenders. Talking about totally f2p approach, there is only GS that is in this league yet

Rey csn be farmed in 3 nodes. That's 1 month to 4*, and roughly 1 month per star beyond that. Totslly worth it
  • Go with QGJ further to max him up. He will help you to deal with Poe teams :)
  • Thank you all for your answer.

I am going to continue farming and developing QGJ.

My Sidious is almost 7*, I will develop someone else from Arena Shipment afterwards.
    I am also farming Kylo Ren in Holotable (just to unlock him at 4*) in order to have a decent DS team for PVE mission (combined with Phasma, Sid, GS and Dooku).

I was also a bit afraid that Poe is going to be debuff on the next version, as it will be in EA's favor. If he looses 1 turn speed or if Ben go 1 turn before he will be able to ability block him, which will make Ben a must have. As he is a complete p2w, I think it is in their favor to debuff Poe speed.
  • If i were you for the short term i would level Poe to 4 star & gear 8 . You only need 1 piece gear at gear lvl 8 to get him to 143 speed.Thats really what matters . He would help you rank higher in the arena while you farm QGJ which will take much longer.
  • I'm doing Poe till at least 5 stars. He's 4 now,max gear, lvl 70. Does his job real good. Then QGJ.

The new patch is not removing the TM reduction and I don't think many people will be using Dooku to stun your Poe. QGJ will take some time to be Arena worthy for the majority of players who are F2P. I suggest enjoy Poe till then. QGJ by himself without other hard to acquire/ farm toons like FOTP etc and Poe is not going to be a huge challenge anyway. He's good but so are lots of other toons. Poe makes him devastating. Naked, without a proper tank or the support of other fast DPS toons, he's too squishy.