Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Cuffs

I think we all are crunched by cuffs, we needed already too much of them before the new lvl cap and after theyve included more gears that need cuffs.
At this point all im doing is farming them and they appear to have the worst drop rate in the game, today ive spent 180 energy trying the 3x multi sim and got only 1.
Ok, they want our money but like this seems a wall.
Please make them available elsewhere, in challenges or even to bought some at the shop with credits, im tired to see the same gears we dont need because we have thousands of them pop up there.
  • 180 energy is a super low sample size. Especially for something with a long term drop rate of around 1/6, determined by people that tracked hundreds of sims.

Also, there is no "multi sim x at a time" way to increase drop rates.
  • So true. Even the new gear too is a pain to farm. Today i spent about 200 energy and received 2 of the Mk 9 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars.
  • Just buy the cuffs. You will never get 50 from 1400 energy spent so just save up a few hundred of your arena payout per day.
  • "Nickielll;757540" wrote:
    I normally do that, but im spending energy for xp

Yeah there is that. But i dont see that much of a difference between L85 and the FTP that are L83 so to avoid the cuff frustration I just buy them when I have saved up enough crystals.
  • To put the OP's experience into perspective into probabilistic perspective. 180 energy = 18 sims (lowest cost node for cuff salvage is 10 energy per attempt). Item has a 1/6 drop rate. Obtained one.

So through using the binomial distribution, setting p = 1/6, n = 18, x = 1, we can see that by using 180 energy, you should expect 1 piece of cuff salvage roughly 13.5% of the time.

You would see 2 salvage ~23% of the time, 3 salvage ~24.5% of the time, 4 salvage ~18.4% of the time, 5 salvage ~10.3% of the time, and so on with decreasing probabilities from there with higher numbers of salvage obtained.
  • "John_Matrix1985;757535" wrote:
    Just buy the cuffs. You will never get 50 from 1400 energy spent so just save up a few hundred of your arena payout per day.

Yeah, I just buy stun cuffs. Stun cuffs and Mk 5 Furnaces are the main gear I buy from shipments. Unless I accumulate a ton of Mk 5 Furnace salvage pieces. Then, I will go ahead and build the furnaces (put 2 together recently for Raid Han).

And I'm at the point where I have decided to keep Jawa Scavenger and Jawa at gear 9 and not add anymore stun cuffs to them because they are viable for the Heroic AAT raid now and I don't want to use 5,600 crystals to get them the 4 sets of stun cuffs they need to get them each to gear 10. I got Datcha, Nebit and JE to gear 10 so I figure that's good enough.

• Continuing with probability, with 1400 crystals, never spending over 100 crystals per attempt, you could buy 18 energy refreshes. This equates to 2,160 energy or 216 attempts for salvage.

Running the binomial distribution for n = 216, p = 1/6, the most common outcome is 36 pieces of salvage at a ~7.27% likelihood. The chances of getting 50 pieces from 216 attempts is ~0.325%. There is a 98% chance that this will get you anywhere between 25 and 50 pieces of salvage.

Going to only buying the 50 crystal cost refreshes, so 2 per day for 14 days, now you have n = 432, the most likely outcome is 72 pieces of salvage with a likelihood of ~5.14%. The chances of getting anywhere between 50 and 100 is 99.86%.
  • "Maegor;757562" wrote:
    Continuing with probability, with 1400 crystals, never spending over 100 crystals per attempt, you could buy 18 energy refreshes. This equates to 2,160 energy or 216 attempts for salvage.

Running the binomial distribution for n = 216, p = 1/6, the most common outcome is 36 pieces of salvage at a ~7.27% likelihood. The chances of getting 50 pieces from 216 attempts is ~0.325%. There is a 98% chance that this will get you anywhere between 25 and 50 pieces of salvage.

Going to only buying the 50 crystal cost refreshes, so 2 per day for 14 days, now you have n = 432, the most likely outcome is 72 pieces of salvage with a likelihood of ~5.14%. The chances of getting anywhere between 50 and 100 is 99.86%.

Tks for those info

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,720 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago