Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Darth Maul - Speed stats

Does anyone know why different players with the same characters might have different base stats? For example, my Darth Maul (lvl 81, gear10) has only a base speed of 100. But other mauls at similar gear and level in squaf arena have much higher base speeds... Any insight into this would be appreciated
  • do you mean much higher speed in general? if you check your squad arena foe's Maul, you can clearly see what their TOTAL speed is, that's the number in white, and what the speed due to Mods are, that's the number in teal. if you subtract the modded speed from the total speed, that's the base speed

pretty sure Maul at max gear will top out at 100 for base speed. but since it's so low relatively speaking, most people who run him will try to increase that by quite a bit via mods
  • Ahh, so total speed is in white and base is the mod number subtracted from that. Yes, i was wondering why my mauls speed was so low relative to everyone else in squad arena... clearly i have the worst mods out of them all
  • Maul is innately one of the slowest characters in the game. His rank 8 leader ability combined with a fast-modded Sith Assassin can compensate for it by giving him & the rest of his team a chance to move first, lay down a bunch of debuffs, and if that includes stuns then maybe he gets to move again before the enemies do.

Of course the rank 8 leader ability also gives him a good chance to dodge and stealth while he waits for his next turn.

Otherwise it would take incredible amounts of speed stats on his mods to raise his un-buffed speed to the ranks of the mediocre.
  • "lisztophobia;c-1144673" wrote:
    Otherwise it would take incredible amounts of speed stats on his mods to raise his un-buffed speed to the ranks of the mediocre.

It is amazing and frustrating how CG made some of the fast characters from the story so slow in game. Ventress also has ridiculous base speed. But Chirrut has 153 and all he did was walk around very slowly.
  • "Peer;c-1144778" wrote:
    "lisztophobia;c-1144673" wrote:

It is amazing and frustrating how CG made some of the fast characters from the story so slow in game. Ventress also has ridiculous base speed. But Chirrut has 153 and all he did was walk around very slowly.

She does have 104 base Speed. But she can get 5*15 Speed for unbuffed enemies nad 28 Speed from her Leader resulting in 179/207 Speed without mods. I think it makes her more interesting
  • "Omeah;c-1144783" wrote:
    "Peer;c-1144778" wrote:
    "lisztophobia;c-1144673" wrote:

She does have 104 base Speed. But she can get 5*15 Speed for unbuffed enemies nad 28 Speed from her Leader resulting in 179/207 Speed without mods. I think it makes her more interesting

I know that (7* G10 Ventress) and it works ok against her own Dark Side faction. But to fight Empire/Sith there are others who do more damage and are faster. Against Resistance: they start with at least 1 buff on every squad member, no speed bonus. Against Wiggs/Chaze: usually Baze and Biggs have their buff almost immediately, Chirrut gets his turn, Ventress slow again. Against Rex/GK: buffs everywhere, Ventress slow. Against any mix of these: buffs here and buffs there, Ventress waiting to get killed.

She should have base speed of at least 170 and bonus speed should add less then 75 max. As for Maul, he is far to slow.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,718 PostsLatest Activity: 8 hours ago