Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Darth Revan Targets Leader?

If you check in the newsletter, and if it is still there, there is some things about revan and some little things about his kit, such as he gains ferocity, something that lowers defense for offense, and also he puts on a new debuff called fear. Im thinking that this will either reduce damage or tenacity. The final thing that it also hints at is that he will counter leaders very well from what it said.

Do you think this will counter jedi revan effectively? Or will he just end up like grevious?
  • Also since darth revan was predicted way earlier, will more people have him?
    Im exited to battle him with my revan.
    Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Strubz;c-1802705" wrote:
    I'm very anxious to see his kit because unless Darth Revan can't be targeted or something before his first turn, I have a hard time imagining how he's going to live through getting marked by Jedi Revan off the cuff and dying instantly. My Jedi Revan is sporting 325 speed and that is before any of the bonuses from his leadership.

Darth Revan converting Defense into Offense isn't going to matter much if he can't live long enough to attack.

I have no real basis for this, but for some reason I was expecting him to be JTR-ish - a non-taunting tank that can actually dish out major damage. Again, zero basis. Just seemed to make sense as something that could potentially work vs. JKR.
  • Maybe darth revan's kit kind of isolates the enemy leader from his team so that it counters JKR marking. Or fear-debuff lets the chars hitting someone random, not the marked enemy … something like this maybe :)
  • "Ryanwhales;c-1803574" wrote:
    Also since darth revan was predicted way earlier, will more people have him?
    Im exited to battle him with my revan.

Predicted way earlier by whom? I was predicting Jedi Revan before Mission and Big Z even dropped.
  • "GrimmHammer;c-1803598" wrote:
    Maybe darth revan's kit kind of isolates the enemy leader from his team so that it counters JKR marking. Or fear-debuff lets the chars hitting someone random, not the marked enemy … something like this maybe :)

The concern would be that DR's kit ends up being even more OP than JKRevan's. If he's a hard counter to JKR AND can decimate all other teams as well, the non-diversity issue in arena won't change. In fact, it will be worse - just with a different leader. Especially since everyone is talking about how much easier DR will be to obtain and how everyone is more prepared.

CG can't be that bad at game design...can they? :o

Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Nikoms565;c-1803783" wrote:
    Maybe darth revan's kit kind of isolates the enemy leader from his team so that it counters JKR marking. Or fear-debuff lets the chars hitting someone random, not the marked enemy … something like this maybe :)

If it works that way and you run him with Traya and Thrawn for Isolate & Fracture, I imagine you could shut down just about any team in existence.
  • I hope so because I think when people heard about GG being reworked they farmed him up, and I was one of those people
  • GG doesn't have leader because it's a bug and It's been reported and confirmed as a bug.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Grievous-is-not-listed-as-Leader/td-p/7697689

It would be extremely inconsitent that he wouldn't get leader tag solely not to interact with DR.
  • "Sarbitar;c-1807727" wrote:
    GG doesn't have leader because it's a bug and It's been reported and confirmed as a bug.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Grievous-is-not-listed-as-Leader/td-p/7697689

It would be extremely inconsitent that he wouldn't get leader tag solely not to interact with DR.

Good point.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 3 months ago