Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Development of Arena rewards - Team advice needed

Hey all,

I've been using the Rogue One squad in Arena (Zyn, K2, Chaze, Cassian), can work my way up to around 700th place, and thats about it. Before I could easely wipe down the Empire squads, but with the recent reworks it's getting more difficult.

I've got some nice characters I guess, but don't really know what a decent setup would be to crank it up a notch.
Any advice?

Collection: https://swgoh.gg/u/mrkk27/collection/

Thanks in advance!
  • With the rework, vader got alot speedier especially against rebel teams. The rework was meant to even out the CLS meta in arena. Ok, I see you actually have the potential to build a fairly strong sith/empire squad etc. EP, vader, maul, tfp. Don't underestimate tfp. He is the fastest toon in the game and he does pretty decent dmg esp with all the debuffs. And his ship is really good as well. Probably gotta work on your Nihilus to 7 stars as he is quite a game changer. The other issue would probably be your mods. You needa get better mods. Its a long farm I know but you will get there.
  • "rayroars;c-1457155" wrote:
    With the rework, vader got alot speedier especially against rebel teams. The rework was meant to even out the CLS meta in arena. Ok, I see you actually have the potential to build a fairly strong sith/empire squad etc. EP, vader, maul, tfp. Don't underestimate tfp. He is the fastest toon in the game and he does pretty decent dmg esp with all the debuffs. And his ship is really good as well. Probably gotta work on your Nihilus to 7 stars as he is quite a game changer. The other issue would probably be your mods. You needa get better mods. Its a long farm I know but you will get there.

Okay, so for now the focus should be mods and gearing up TFP (as it's health is pretty low)?
    Any mods in particular? I still haven't fully figured out the possibilities with mods.

(Nihilus is a terrible farm, 16/65 so far.. But still one of my priorities)
  • I was ruling with a tfp in my squad when I was ranked <100. It's true he is alittle squishy so I switched him out for Barriss later on for more defence. I suggested tfp cause I think your tfp at this point of time has potential and should suit your current ranking I guess. Feel free to switch him out if you feel he's not suitable. Oh ya, he's a terrible choice if you going up against a Chirrut faster than him. Speed kills, especially when you're in the top 50 range.
    Ideally I would want speed mods or mods with high secondary speed. At top 50, it's a common sight to see toons with additional +100 speed!
  • @Mrkk27
    For mod advice, check out this link:
    http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor

Keep in mind that the mod primaries are the most important stat; so, if you haven’t unlocked the “required” mod challenge at 3 stars, just substitute health mods for now, and strive to farm ones with speed secondaries. For example, if you don’t have the crit damage (CD) challenge (Team Jawa) at 3 stars, just make sure your 5dot Triangle has a CD primary.

Nihilus’ “annihilate” works just as well at 4 stars as it does at 7...continue farming him, but go ahead and gear him up and throw him in there ASAP. (That is, if you intend to use him.)

EP (and TFP) will need to hide behind somebody(ies) so you might want to gear up Storm and RG as well.
  • @rayroars : Speedmods it is then :smile: Thanks!

"MidasWelby;c-1457196" wrote:
    @Mrkk27
    For mod advice, check out this link:
    http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor

Great, thanks for the tip!
    And I was kinda looking to maybe make my squad a bit more diverse. The Rogue One squad is good, with the expose stacking.. But it apparently is not quite a match for someone who picked me out in the Arena.

The DS squad with EP, Vader, Maul (terribly slow, so more speedmods) and TFP will be my next priority. GMT a decent 5th or should it really be more of a tank like Stormtrooper of RG?
  • Tanks are good. Shore (or GK) is ideal but Storm isn’t bad in an empire team.

TFP is a good character to work up anyway because his ship is great.
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I dunno I use Rogue One as my squad as well. I hold in the 100-200 range usually. They don’t come without their weaknesses but they synergies really well.

You need to work on modding your characters right too. They’re all kind of lacking their so that might be another reason your team can’t hold.

https://swgoh.gg/u/salatiousscrum/collection/

That’s my collection if you want to take a peek since we run the same 5 toons. Granted I’m level 81 not 85 but still useful
  • "Liath;c-1458155" wrote:
    Tanks are good. Shore (or GK) is ideal but Storm isn’t bad in an empire team.

At what starcount would Shore be viable? Unlocked Shore today at 3 stars :smile:

And @Salatious_Scrum : Helpfull, thanks! I'm copying some of your mod setups :wink:
    Scruminator
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Just remember the more tanky you make baze the more he’ll help your team hold its own in squad arena. If you gear and mod him up right he can have almost 40k health with 70k protection, so good luck to anyone to take him out.

As for shoretrooper, I would think 4 or 5 star but for him to be good at those stars he has to be really high geared with incredible mods. Tanks generally don’t have to be high starred to be good since all they need to is soak up damage for the team that would otherwise knock out your heavy hitters.

Funnily enough I unlocked shoretrooper the same day I unlocked baze in 2 free packs.
  • "Mrkk27;c-1459277" wrote:
    "Liath;c-1458155" wrote:
    Tanks are good. Shore (or GK) is ideal but Storm isn’t bad in an empire team.

At what starcount would Shore be viable? Unlocked Shore today at 3 stars :smile:

And @Salatious_Scrum : Helpfull, thanks! I'm copying some of your mod setups :wink:

Gear is much more important than stars for tanks. 3* is fine if you give him as much gear as possible and some nice protection mods. Of course you eventually want him 7* for TB and all that.